Complaint Review: Direct TV

Los Angeles, California USA

Direct TV Will Not Acknowledge Request To Cancel Account Los Angeles California

*Author of original report: Not True - But Still Strange

*Author of original report: If True . . . . It Is Even Stranger

*Consumer Comment: Here's what I found on Direct Tv's website...

After years of poor service and continuous price hikes, I decided to quit fighting the dragon and being a victim and to cancel my account with them.

I called the customer service phone number (888 388-4249) specified on my billing invoice.  The Customer Service Representative said that she woul transfer me to someone who could cancel my account:

1st Attempt:  Received a voice message that i could not reach that number from my area code.

2nd Attempt:  Called the original number and they said that they would try again.  Phone rang and was answered by a recording that asked me to hold.  I held for about fifteen minutes and then was suddenly disconnected.

3rd Attempt:  Called the original number again.  Explained what had happened and she said she would connect with them first before connecting me.  On hold for abput ten minutes.  CS answered, we went through the purpose of the call and he told me I had to call (800) 778-3397. and they would process the cancellation.

4th Attempt:  Called (800) 778-3397 and explained what had just transpired and the reason fro my call.  She saidd call the original number (888 388-4249) and they would process the cancellation.

5th Attempt:   Called the orifinal number twice.  Put on hold twice and disconnected after between 10 - 15 minutes of waiting.

6th Attempt:  Finall got through to the original number (new CS) and he told me to call the (800) 778-3397 number again.  Called, on hold for 10 minutes and then I hung up.

Send Drect TV Customer Service five emails requesting confirmation that my account was canceled.  No replies.  As far as I know thet are continuing to bill me.
If think go as in the past I will continue to be billed monthly, and more than likely charged for the equipment I cannot use without an account.

The 2orst run, worst managers, the poorest cistomer service of any large company I have delt with.  They should lose their FCC license.

Ken
Sun Lakes, Arizona 85249

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2014 04:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV-/Los-Angeles-California-90060/Direct-TV-Will-Not-Acknowledge-Request-To-Cancel-Account-Los-Angeles-California-1115527. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV

Not True - But Still Strange

AUTHOR: Pizzed InThe Desert - ()

I called the nymber that was suggested 1-800-531-5000.  I immediately told the CS my name, that I was trying to cance a commercial account that was used to provide service in one of our investment homes.

I gave him the service address and the billing address, my full name and the Account Number.

He said he handled residentilal accounts and gabe me the phone number listed on my purchase order and billing invoices (1 888 388-42490).  I told him that that was the same phone number where they transferred me and put me on hold, and then disconnected me.  He said that that was the only number he had for commercial accounts.

i called that number and went through the personal and account information again.  There reply: "Well I only handle personal accounts, and that he would connect me to someone who could help me"  I asked is that number 1 888 388-42490?  He said yes.  I said that is the number I was transferred to by the CS at 1 800-531-5000, and that they said he could only work commercial accounts.

He said he would dial them, get them online and then we could all talk together.  I was on hold for about 10 minutes when I was disconnected.

Strange way to run a business.

If True . . . . It Is Even Stranger

AUTHOR: Pizzed InThe Desert - ()

I will try that number tomorrow.

If it is true and works, that makes it even all the more stranger.  Not one of four Direct TV Customer Service Representatives offered that phone number, and it was not listed in any contact information of three of the DIRECT TV websites I visited.  And it is definitly not on the orignai agreement nor on any billing invoice.

Here's what I found on Direct Tv's website...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

For cancellation of service call 1-800-531-5000.  It also says cancellations are not possible via e-mail.

Try the number I've looked up for you and see if it works.