Complaint Review: DIRECT T.V. REBATE RIPOFFS

• Updated: Fri, August 06, 2010

• Reported By: Ken — Houston Texas United States of America
DIRECT T.V. REBATE RIPOFFS
Direct TV Houston, Texas United States of America

DIRECT T.V. REBATE RIPOFFS TV service, with free premium channels, Only $29.99 per month, High Speed Internet conncetion for only $19.99 per month. Houston, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Your complaint is premature

On July 20, 2010 I telephoned Direct TV about getting TV service for for $29.99 and Internet sercvice for $19.99 for a guaranteed period of two years.  I was supposed to get two TV receivers free and three months of premium pay per view for free.  They said they would charge $25.00 from my credit card, but then it would be refunded after I asked on their web page for it. I asked, but no refund.  They did not hook up the High Speed Internet service, or any Internet service for that matter! The first bill arrived Friday marked "due 08/12/10" in the amount of $81.89.  Our agreement is for $49.98 per month - no more.  I called a person at Direct TV on 08/01/10, who could not speak English very well.  She said that their system was "down" and they could not do anything about it.  She said to call back in 6 hours!  I wrote a long complaint statement on the web site regarding their default on our contract and that if they did not align it to meet the agreement immediately, they could come get their equipment, or I would uninstall it myself and it wouild be at the curb when they decided to respond!  Their only response was a recorded telephone message today about me "being a happy subscriber".  The $25.00 that they promised to return has not been refunded, nor have they connected the High Speed Internet.  The free premium channels are not available either.  I am still hooked up to Comcast, which is another of their very ugly sisters!  That is costing me $49.89 per month, until Direct TV connects their offered High Speed Internet service.  If they respond, I am going to demand they credit my account a prorata share of the Comcast billing.  I am a very unhappy subscriber at this point!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2010 07:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DIRECT-TV-REBATE-RIPOFFS/Houston-Texas-/DIRECT-TV-REBATE-RIPOFFS-TV-service-with-free-premium-channels-Only-2999-per-month-628794. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DIRECT T.V. REBATE RIPOFFS

Your complaint is premature

AUTHOR: Inspector - (USA)

If the $25 dollars is an issue it sometimes takes a month or two to receive a rebate.  If you cancel at this point they will charge you a lot more.

Direct TV has become a monster and I would never subscribe to them.  As for the 81.89, I would pay close attention to the offer and any agreements you made on the phone, they always try to upsell you when you respond to the offer.  It's an old bait and switch game.