Complaint Review: Direct TV

chicago, Illinois USA

Direct TV Misrepresentation of service pricing/terms chicago Illinois

*Author of original report: Ahhh Tyg

*General Comment: Told vs signed

When I signed up with Direct TV, I knew it was only for a couple of months as we were new to Chicago and renting while we looked for a new home.

The temporary residence was a condo that included basic cable; which was on and operating when we moved in. I was told by Direct TV that I needed to open aan account to get additional services. Because it was only for a few months, I specifically asked if there were any term commitments associated with the expanded services i wanted to order. I was told no, so I proceeded.

When I called to cancel a few months later, because our new building offerred only Xfinity (thank goodness, I could finally watch a whole sporting event without "weather interruptions) Direct TV said I owed them an "early cancellation" fee. I recounted my conversation from my sign up and was told I was on the hook for the charge.

I then requested a copy of the "recorded" sign up call, only to have that request denied.

We are preparing complaints to file with the FCC and State fo Illinois... as well as, exploring a class action suit associated with misrepsentation of service pricing and terms.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2013 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/chicago-Illinois-60601/Direct-TV-Misrepresentation-of-service-pricingterms-chicago-Illinois-1097915. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV

Ahhh Tyg

AUTHOR: ConsumerAdvocate - ()

To avoid the curtness of your reply and a sparring contest, I won't ask if you've ever had cable TV.

There is no contract to sign when you order services over the phone, translating to no signatures on contracts.

#2 General Comment

Told vs signed

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

What you are told means NOTHING!! The only information that a court is going to take is what you SIGNED!! You signed a contract WITHOUT reading it. Unfortunatly this means you are locked into the ETF.