Complaint Review: Direct tv

• Reported By: Slabonca — Chicago Illinois
Direct tv
Chicago, Illinois USA

Direct tv Unauthorized withdrew $459.00 out my account Chicago Illinois

I had direct tv and missed two months of payments because I became unemployeed. When I began working again I called direct tv to ask them how much I would have to pay to restore my service. The lady I spoke with told me my total debit was $541. Which was an insanely jacked up amount seeing as my bill was only $90 a month so after two months of being late really $180 was all I owed in service fees. The rest she explained were late fees and box fees and early termination fees. Seeing as they can decide when to terminate your service not you. So she went on to tell me it would cost $237 to restore my service and those fees would be cancelled out. I told her ok that's more reasonable and I would make $50 payments every two weeks to get my balance down and to restore my service. Fast forward on a Friday August 9th not an entire two weeks later I receive my first work check which was deposited in my banking account which  had also been negative $42.57 for also a couple of months. My check was 751.00 I had been out of work for two months a single mother with absolutely no help from anyone. So basically that was all of any income I had for months. I was behind on my rent two months and every other bill as well. My daughter was in need of essential things like diapers and clothes so I had to make this money stretch. In fear of being evicted I was to pay $500 to my rent and the rest to live off. On Sunday August 11, 2013  for some reason I checked my account balance and saw I had $20 in my account. I then looked at my transaction details and saw that direct tv had withdrew $459 secretly without my knowing and of course without my authorization. My heart stopped and hit the floor I was so infuriated. I called direct tv and pleaded with the supervisor that I spoke with to please reverse the charges. I'm a single mother about to get evicted and that was in fact my rent money that they took from me. She told me that their was nothing she could do and she would have a manager call me and that it would be 24 hours before I would receive a call. She said that in the service agreement I agreed to authorizes them access to my account if my account is past due. What bs !!! I then called my bank and they told me the transaction was still processing and I had to wait til it was complete before I could make a claim about it. P.s. more bs. This is completely violating and abusive to consumers rights. I should have to be notified and in control of who takes money from me period point blank. It should never be a surprise to me of where my money is going. We need to wake up as people and fight for our rights so big companies can't take advantage of people and use a business to scam people!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2013 10:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-tv/Chicago-Illinois-60619/Direct-tv-Unauthorized-withdrew-45900-out-my-account-Chicago-Illinois-1074844. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct tv