Complaint Review: Direct TV

• Updated: Wed, December 18, 2013

• Reported By: James — Prince's Lake Indiana
Direct TV
Columbus, Indiana USA

Direct TV We will charge you a fee, so we can continue to charge you for service!

So I have been a direct TV customer for 20 months. I have purchased a new house and called Direct TV to move my service. Their represenative went on to explain that there is a $500.00 movers fee to keep our service with them, but would give me a discount and only charge me $233.00. I asked why is there such a fee, and why couldnt they give me a discount down to $0. Their represenative then stated that it depends on how long you been with Direct TV, the size of your package with Direct TV, and your payment history with Direct TV.

Now I have been late and paid my bill with an additional charge alot, but have never been disconnected. So I asked the second represenative if they are willing to loose me as a customer over an additional $233.00 fee to move my service. The represenative stated no. I said so you are going to move it for me then. The represenative said sure for a $233.00 fee. I then stated I will not pay a fee to move my service, and then said I guess i will not be recieving your serivce or any invoices for service after December 31, 2013.

The represenative then went on to explain to me how they were going to send me boxes with mailing stamps so that I could send their equipment back to them, and that there would be a fee if I dd bot. I said that sounds fiar, send me the boxed and I'll send your equipment back to you. Then the represenative went on to explain to me my early cancellation fee? Yes thats a question mark because I am confussed! I did not call to cancel my service with you.

As a matter of fact I told 3 different represenatives with the company that I would be more then happy to keep the service, but you are refusing to let me keep the service unless I pay an additional $233.00 fee. The represenative then said that I don't have to pay the fee to keep their service and stated that I could simply move it myself, but most likly would end up calling them to install it correctly, then at that point they could charge me a $233.00 installation fee.

So do not order Direct TV if there might be a possibility of you and you're family moving one day. Because they obvisousl.y do not care if you are a customer or not. I myself can be happy with any cable or sattelite provider, after all they all carry the same channels with a few exceptions.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2013 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/Columbus-Indiana-47201/Direct-TV-We-will-charge-you-a-fee-so-we-can-continue-to-charge-you-for-service-1107987. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV