Complaint Review: DIRECT TV

• Updated: Mon, September 21, 2009

• Reported By: Joyce — Boone North Carolina USA
DIRECT TV
p o box 6550 GREENWOOD VILLAGE, Colorado United States of America

DIRECT TV DIRECT TV IN NORTH CAROLINA BOONE DIRECT TV Direct TV Charlotte NC Direct TV Banner Elk NC DIRECT TV A RIP-OFF WONT GIVE SINGLE GRANDMOTHER who is a disabled amputee BACK DEPOSIT AND ALL BILLS PAID IN FULL! GREENWOOD VILLAGE, Colorado

I installed Direct Tv in my home in March 09. At that time they told me I had to pay a 250.00 deposit. I did so and it was direct debited from my checking account. I kept the service until I moved in Aug09 and requested that they transfer my service, instead they disconnected it in error. (John-did this) I called back, they reactivated my account and put in order for transfer. Finally. When techinician finally came (3 weeks) also another John, however quite nice, said the trees were such that I could not get service. I spoke to my landlord, a state represenative, who suggested I get a second opionion as there was satellite service there previously. I called them back, requested a second opionion, however when they came back (another 3 weeks) they said the same thing, I could not get signal. In the meantime, I'm getting bills from direct TV (which I pay-assuming I will have service) 89.15 for an address I have NEVER had service, not to mention they still have my 250.00 refundable deposit.; which I was told I would get back. when I did not receive this credit or a check back, I called on Sept. 21st, spoke to a Robin, who was vfery rude and talked over me and informed me I would not be getting it back. that my service was activated and they did not have to give it back to me.;, even tho I paid for thE TIME i HAD SERVICE, EVERY BILL, ON TIME, and also 89.15 in advance that I have not gotten back either. I am a single parent, disabled, an amputee, raising two grandchildren ages 14 and 17 and its all I can do in these hard times to make ends meet, and a major company I thought I could trust does this to me? I told this 'lady" on the phone (who, by the way, when I asked for a supervisor-she told me her supervisor could not speak to me regarding my deposit) that I hope they ARE ABLE TO SLEEP AT NIGHT AFTER HOW THEY DID FOLKS WHO TRUSTED THEM. I have never filed a consumer complaint until now. Please don't use Direct TV. They are a most definate rip-off!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2009 07:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DIRECT-TV/GREENWOOD-VILLAGE-Colorado-80155/DIRECT-TV-DIRECT-TV-IN-NORTH-CAROLINA-BOONE-DIRECT-TV-Direct-TV-Charlotte-NC-Direct-TV-Ba-497933. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DIRECT TV