Complaint Review: Direct TV

• Reported By: MissSpringfield — Springfield Illinois
Direct TV
POB 6550 Greenwood Village, Colorado USA

Direct TV Installed dish facing 75ft tree Greenwood Village Colorado

After 12 years of not having Cable or any type of subscriber type TV service, I was finally able to and opted for Direct TV based on their NFL Sunday Ticket.

I called them to install it in November and in the midwest, it is when there are no leaves left on the trees...my house is surrounded by a 50 year old Red Oak Tree and 40 year old Sweet Gum Tree and a 10 year old black walnut tree.

Anyway, the installers put the dish on south east corner of my small ranch style home, facing the massive trees. But I didnt say anything becaseu I assume they are the professionals, right?

Smooth sailing November thru April -and part of May, but by then the trees are full of leaves, and voila NO SIGNAL for going on the 3rd month.

Made a call for service, Memorial Weekend, and after 25 minutes of resetting, etc, they said "Yes maam, I have to tell you, I'd say you're 99.9% correct, that the installers should have considered the mature trees at your home before installing where they did. But Hey no problem We will send someone out and will bill your account for $49.00 for the service charge."

I immediatly argued that the Installers SHOULD have considered the massive trees, and that there's no way I should have to pay a service charge. To which they responded, "Well that's up to you, but if you decide to pay it just call us back and we will send someone out to access the situation.

Now it's July and I just paid my monthly bill, but Im steaming because I havent bothered to turn on the tv for an entire month.

Can they NOT understand this is NOT my fault and they need to take care of it?! I am so ticked off!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2013 01:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/Greenwood-Village-Colorado-85062/Direct-TV-Installed-dish-facing-75ft-tree-Greenwood-Village-Colorado-1063602. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV