Complaint Review: Direct TV

• Reported By: alwasyssomething — Owenton Kentucky
Direct TV
Internet, Kentucky United States of America

Direct TV unauthorized charges Internet, Kentucky

My husband and I had service with direct tv for many years. In the past year we had to go through a foreclosure on our home and move in with family. We decided to keep our direct tv and move it with us. Well we didnt have to stay there long and once we found a place we realized we could not afford the service any longer. After we were done moving I called to cancel our service I was told I could not cancel the account because when we moved we signed a new customer agreement.

I told them to send the final bill and I would take care of it after they cancelled it for nonpayment since they would not cancel it for me. Well all of a sudden there are large amounts coming out of my checking account. The first amount they tried was $1063 my bank denied that one so they sent through one for $850.63 this one went through. My bank called me to inform me of the charge that was still pending. I called direct tv and went off telling them they did not have my permission to take that payment and I was going to be filing charges along with my bank and getting a lawyer. I went to the bank the next day to file the forms and ht e charges had disapeared so there was nothing I could do. Now just a couple days later they did it again. The thing is I have no clue how they did it since I cancelled that card and everything. Now I have to go to my bank again and request to fill out the FRE. I am sick of this and I do not understand how they can get away with this.

I never gave direct tv permission to take money out of my account without my permission. Isn't this the same thing as stealing? I wish someone could stop them completely. The worst part is we were a customer for nearly 10 years before they did this crap. If anyone knows if there is a class action in Kentucky or know how I may be able to contact someone about this please help me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2013 07:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/Internet-Kentucky-/Direct-TV-unauthorized-charges-Internet-Kentucky-1040472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV