Complaint Review: Direct TV

• Updated: Thu, July 18, 2013

• Reported By: Steve — Tyler Texas
Direct TV
Tyler, Texas USA

I am a retired Naval Officer and moved quite frequently while on active duty.  4 years before my retirement date my wife and I contracted with Direct TV.  We received everything that we were promised, in fact, we were very pleased with their product and service.  8 years and two moves later we were making preps to move the third time into our purchased retirement house.  I noticed that over the years Direct TV had been running special programs for "new customers" that provided more product and services for less than what we were paying.  We were no longer under a contract and asked Direct TV to move our service to our new home.  This was not a problem, but, when I asked them about the incentives for new customers they told me we were not eligible.  I argued the point that as an 8 year customer it would be nice to receive some of the new incentives.  They let me know real quick that it was not going to happen. They told me I was not a "new" customer and could not receive any services at a reduced rate.  I told them I could become an "old" customer real quick and that's when customer service let me know that it was ok and they cut my service off in about 10 minutes.  This was 2 months before we were scheduled to move.  We watched DVDs for two months until we moved and contracted with a local cable provider for our new home.  Now it has been 8 months since being terminated with Direct TV and they haven't missed a week sending us "we miss you, come back" letters in the mail.  Really......where was these incentives when I was a long-term customer?  With the local cable provider we have 3 tvs connected with HD and internet for $40.00 a month cheaper that we had HD TV with Direct TV.  Hmmmm.....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2013 10:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Direct-TV/Tyler-Texas-75757/Direct-TV-LOYAL-CUSTOMERS-MEAN-NOTHING-Tyler-Texas-1068057. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Direct TV