Complaint Review: DirectGardening.com

• Updated: Tue, September 22, 2009

• Reported By: flamingoland — USA
DirectGardening.com
www.directgardening.com bloomington, Illinois United States of America

DirectGardening.com shipped incorrect order, would not replace bloomington, Illinois

I purchased for the first time from directgardening.com in July 2009.  I ordered several thing, but among the plants, I ordered 4 sea holly.  The order arrived in August and was enclosed in a plastic bag with the label glued to the front (as shipping and order information)

Instead of the 4 sea holly there were 4 water lillies (for ponds, I don't have a pond and cannot use them).  I immediately called the 800 number on the package and spoke to a nice man who told me to keep the lillies and he'd send out the corrected shipment.

After a few weeks of hearing nothing, I emailed them about the replacement.  I was told that they had no information on that and I needed to resubmit the order using the packing label, which I could not remove from the package and had been destroyed.  I still had my email receipt, I still had the 4 water lillies.

Several emails later, they asked for the same information again, and I included everything.  They then told me it had to come in regular mail and I need the label off the packaging, which once again I had stated I didn't have.  They said that they then needed proof of payment. I downloaded the statement from my bank and copied it and sent it as an attachment.

They then told me they could not honor that.  I asked them again, to please check their records, they must have some internal mechanism to see that I indeed ordered (I still had the original emails of the order and the confirmation and the shipping) and that I had paid (and I had sent on several occasions the proof from my bank that I had paid for the order).

They still refuse to ship my plants to me.  They have not ever told me what happened after my original phone call or why I need the shipping label as the person I first spoke with on the day they arrived had told me it was all set, so though the label was destroyed, I no longer needed it anyway.

The fact that they would allow a screw up involving 4 plants to ruin a company's reputation is beyond me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2009 08:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DirectGardeningcom/bloomington-Illinois-/DirectGardeningcom-shipped-incorrect-order-would-not-replace-bloomington-Illinois-498608. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DirectGardening.com