Complaint Review: directgardening.com

directgardening.com What a JOKE! Internet

*General Comment: Buying for 7 years

*Consumer Comment: Direct Gardening

*General Comment: Direct Gardening

I placed an order with this company on March 27, 2012.  I recieved my order on April 26, 2012!  I loved the pictures on the company's website and was very excited to order wonderful looking plants!  I read all the fine print to make sure what I was about to order.  So, I orderd 2 rose trees @ $38.99 for both and a few climbing vines.  The pictures on the website showed the beautiful and healthy roses trees with blooms.  What arrived as rose trees were nothing more that 2 sticks with broken and dead limbs with no water or packing material to protect the roots!.  Nothing like what the pictures show! I also would have thought that the company would have put on the outside of the packaging "FRAGILE" or "LIVE PLANTS" or something so as to protect these delicate plants during shipping!  Please save yourself the money and never, never, never order from this company!  The pictures are of the "what I thought I was ordering" and "what I actually got" rose trees!

And here is what I got

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2012 08:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/directgardeningcom/internet/directgardeningcom-What-a-JOKE-Internet-875584. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on directgardening.com

#1 General Comment

Buying for 7 years

AUTHOR: Chaz - (United States of America)

I've been buying from Direct Gardening, ever so often, for about seven years.   Not all the plants are perfect, and they do have a return policy.  Due to the way the plants arrive, they will require extraordinary attention.  Yes it may be a PITA, but time is money, and you're saving money as compared to full-grown and/or older "plants" from a nursery.  If you know your dirt and the item you are buying, the chances of failure are extremely low.  If you don't have the time to give, you'll need to pay alot more and buy somewhere else.   I am very satisfied, but i do know my dirt, and read up on the items I am not familair with.  I have, and continue to recommend this site to friends, neighbors, and strangers that want to discuss cost-efficient solutions to their gardening.

Direct Gardening

AUTHOR: Wellford - (United States of America)

toumard, you might want to get your money back from whatever school that taught you to read. Their site does not say "all plants arrive DORMANT"...it clearly says "MANY"...I copied it for you.

Direct Gardening
"Keep in mind that many of our plants and trees are shipped in a dormant condition. Soak overnight before planting. In general, these items can be planted anytime your ground is not frozen. An early snow or frost will not harm a nursery stock item that is already dormant. On the other hand, these items can also be planted during warm weather--simply be sure to water well. Potted perennials can be planted outside anytime after your last frost until your ground has frozen solid for the winter"

and they fail to tell you which ones will arrive dormant or bare root. ...but surely you can read  this for yourself.

I just received my order of 3 Blue Festuca Grass, 10 Russian Olives, an Empress Wu Hosta, 6 Walk on Me Plants, 100 Periwinkles and I'm not happy at all about the condition of my plants. The Festuca Grass is black and severely wilted. The Hosta was broken in half and the leaves were stapled to the cardboard. The Walk on Me is dead, black and rotten. All 100 periwinkle are black, rotted and congealed into this sticky goo.

People do not buy from Direct Gardening. You will not be happy.

#3 General Comment

Direct Gardening

AUTHOR: toumard - (United States of America)

That is how bare rooted roses are supposed to arrive! And their website clearly states that all plants arrive DORMANT or potted, but i guess you didnt read everything!!! the picture that they show is only a guideline to what the plants will look like given the proper care and when they reach maturity.

You cant be a gardener if you dont even know that roses come bareroot when ordered. you are making claims when you do not even know what you are talking about. it is obvious that it is impossible to send a full, in flower, rose tree to your house specifically for YOU!!! I've never heard of a nursery doing that because how UPS OR USPS handles their shipping. DORMANT DOESNT MEAN DEAD, STUPID!!!!! people these days .......