Complaint Review: DirectTV

• Submitted: Thu, August 02, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, August 02, 2012

• Reported By: sgt3 — Santa Monica California USA
Internet, California United States of America

DirectTV unauthorized additional billing - very manipulative - thieves! Internet, California

I ordered a specific 'package' (phone, internet, tv) from Verizon and at a specific price to be able to save some money as I'm a Senior on severely limited income. The first bill I received was so outrageous, I choke when I think of it. Verizon refused to assume ANY responsibility for what DirectTV was charging me...even though it's Verizon who advertises the packages.

After many calls over a two month period DirectTV came out and changed my box. Instead of my bill going down, it went up. They gave me a 'recorder' box and charged me more. I kept calling and telling them I never ordered anything like that since I barely ever watch anything anyway, and they said they would remove it for $250.00. WHAT? ... I cried.

I have been paying them the extra amounts because I've been in and out of the hospital and, when I return, I usually have to spend time in bed. That's when I use the TV the most.

I know that DirectTV isn't the only ABUSIVE provider, and the abuse is nationwide, but if we, the people don't get together somehow to stop them, they will continue to rip us off!!!

Replies, ideas, all welcome!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2012 02:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DirectTV/Internet-California-/DirectTV-unauthorized-additional-billing-very-manipulative-thieves-Internet-Califor-921597. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DirectTV