Complaint Review: Directv

• Reported By: Lazfran — Florida
Directv
2230 East Imperial Highway El Segundo, California USA

Directv will not refund for service they never started El Segundo California

On 10/15/2013, I ordered Directv service for my home through there website. I paid $112.93 for equipment charges using my credit card. My installation was supposed to be on 10/18/2013. My installation window expired that morning so I called to see what had happened. They informed me with no previous warning that my installation had been cancelled. They said that they linked my address to a previously defaulted account. It was my husbands account, but he and I are separated and he does not live in the house. I ordered service using my own social security number. The old defaulted account was my husbands and it was linked to him and his social security number. They said that my payment for the equipment would be on hold until I paid my husbands defaulted amount which was a little over $800. I demanded a refund of my $112.93 form 3 different representatives including a billing supervisor and they all blatantly refused. They told me that they had the right to do this because it was there policy. I said I understood they have policies but that there policies don't supersede US laws. They laughed with no care, showed no sympathy and were extremely brutal in the way they expressed and spoke to me. This is absolutely unethical and is basically legal robbery. I literally cried on the phone and expressed that taking those $112.93 from me was the same as taking from my families well being. They could not care less and were hurrying to hang up the line. I have filed a dispute with my Bank (Bank of America) and the BBB. I will go out of my way to expose this incredibly unethical practice so others dont get taken.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2013 01:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Directv/El-Segundo-California-90245/Directv-will-not-refund-for-service-they-never-started-El-Segundo-California-1093120. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Directv