Complaint Review: DirecTV

• Reported By: cork1528 — Holiday United States of America
DirecTV
Holiday, Florida United States of America

DirecTV charged credit card AFTER I cancelled installation Holiday, Florida

*Consumer Comment: I'm really curious....

Direct TV charged my card after I cancelled them to install anything. I called them on Wednesday to sign up. They told me that they would charge my credit card an installation fee of $32.85. I told them I did not have money until Friday and that they could not run it until then. That was the end of the conversation. On Thursday I decided I did not want to go with Direct Tv and decided to call them to cancel my installation. I received confirmation that nothing would be charged to my card on Friday. I then received a text message to call them regarding my upcoming installation. I called them and asked why I was getting a text message when I cancelled it the day before.

I was told the text message was automatic and was promised again NOTHING would be charged on my card. I checked my account balance and guess what was charged on Friday? $32.85 from Direct TV installation. When I called them to ask them why this was done they stated they would not have held my info. I told them my account is now overdrawn because I told them on the first call that I would not have money until Friday which they said was OK. Clearly, this was not as I was charged $32.85 from directTv and another $32.00 overdraft fee from my bank. The only thing Direct Tv could do is refund me the $32.85. This is a SCAM! I was told NOTHING WOULD BE CHARGED and now I am overdrawn. I was being proactive and called back on Thursday to confirm they would NOT charge it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2013 11:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DirecTV/Holiday-Florida-34691/DirecTV-charged-credit-card-AFTER-I-cancelled-installation-Holiday-Florida-994534. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DirecTV

I'm really curious....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

"DirecTV  charged credit card AFTER I cancelled installation ."

"I told them my account is now overdrawn because I told them on the first call that I would not have money until Friday which they said was OK. Clearly, this was not as I was charged $32.85 from directTv and another $32.00 overdraft fee from my bank. The only thing Direct Tv could do is refund me the $32.85. This is a SCAM!"

How would this overdraw your credit card and incur a NSF fee from your bank?