Complaint Review: Directv

• Submitted: Tue, March 18, 2014
  • Updated: Tue, March 18, 2014

• Reported By: JeanM — Waynesville North Carolina
111 Serenity Drive Waynesville, North Carolina USA

Directv and Mastec ,outsourceed vendor, Outsourced DirecTV representative stole from me and DirecTV blew me off Waynesville North Carolina

I have been a customer of DirecTV for at least 20 years, even though they started my account over in 2004.  I had a tech support need which required a vsit from a DirecTV technician.

A young man came to my home driving a DirecTV van, wearing a DirecTV uniform.  He insisted that he had to check out the unit in my bedroom.  Unfortnately, I let him go there alone.  He stole two rings. One was a custom made diamond ring that would retail for $10,000.  Before reporting my rings as stolen, my husand and I took our house apart looking for it.  I reported it five or six days after they were stolen.  By that time, the young man who stole from me was already in jail from stealing from more than 25 other customers.  I reported it to DirecTV as well as to the police.  DirecTV totally blew me off.  They take no responsibility.  I also reported it to the company DIrecTV outsourced to -- Mastec.  Mastec promised to submit it to their insurance company.  It took me months to get the setting back. The diamonds were gone.  Then I had it reset.  It cost me $5,000 to have it reset.  When Mastec stopped returning my calls and emails, I called DirecTv again.  They refused to help ... even to reduce my bill.  If I had any other option, I would move my account elsewhere, but we are up in the mountains and no cable company will come up this way so I am stuck with them. It is outrageous for a vendor to send someone into your hope and not stand behind their work or honesty.  I have lost all respect for DirecTV. Watch out.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2014 03:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Directv/Waynesville-North-Carolina-28785/Directv-and-Mastec-outsourceed-vendor-Outsourced-DirecTV-representative-stole-from-me-a-1131630. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Directv