Complaint Review: Discount Global Travel, DGT, Mustafa Azizi, Gus

• Submitted: Tue, February 06, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, January 13, 2008

• Reported By:San Pedro California
Discount Global Travel, DGT, Mustafa Azizi, Gus
16253 Laguna Canyon Road Irvine, California U.S.A.

Discount Global Travel, DGT, Mustafa Azizi, Gus scam artists, frauds, don't deliver on promises Ripoff Irvine California

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Messege From ex employee Feels wrong about what DGT did.

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I used DGT and enjoyed the benefits

*Consumer Comment: Need Help

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Oh my gosh!!

*Consumer Comment: DGT Out of business?

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Transfer of service

Unfortunately, I find myself in the same situation as many of you who have filed a report against Discount Global Travel. I, too, was mislead into thinking that I would save a lot of money using their travel service.

I went to the sales pitch in Irvine, CA, on January 28, 2006. Mustafa Azizi was the agent who suckered me in. I told him I was mainly interested in international travel, and he said no problem.

I told him the dates, airlines, and prices that my parents had booked for a trip to Croatia in the summer. He quickly showed me a printout from Consolidator Shopper that had approximately a $400 savings per ticket. I was hooked. I spoke to my parents, and they also thought it was a great deal. So I paid $4,000 for the membership.

When I called the 800 number to book my parents' flights through DGT, they were not able to offer the prices that were on the printout that I was given by Mustafa.

So I asked to speak to the manager, since this is why I signed up for the service in the first place. I spoke to Gus, who promised to refund the difference of what my parents paid through a different travel agent and what was shown to me on the printout. He said I would receive $300 per ticket, including a ticket for my aunt - so $900 total.

Weeks went by and I did receive a check, but it was only for $300. So I called Gus to see what was going on. He said we had agreed on $300 total, not $300 each. I told him he was mistaken because I had written it down. He said he would refund me another $300, but no more. I said fine. To this day, I have not seen that money.

Since I signed up for this service, between my daughter and I, my parents, my brother and sister-in-law, we have been to Europe five times, each time trying to make are airfare reservations through DGT. Each time has been unsuccessful. I would leave a message and get a call back about a week later. The prices I was quoted were always higher than we would pay through our own travel agent and the routes included overnight layovers. It was ridiculous. I was told they couldn't put in specific itineraries. They could only put in the dates and the departure and arrival cities and see what comes up.

My last attempt to book airfare to Croatia was last month, January 2007. My parents already had a reservation with their travel agent but hadn't paid for it yet. So I called DGT. Again, I received a call about a week later from Cheryl, the agent who handles international airfare. She told me that DGT had ceased doing business in October of 2006!!! Now what I asked her. She told me that their telephone number was sold to this new company and she could still try to get me airfare. But that she was no longer affiliated with DGT. Also, the telephone number to the Irvine office is no longer in service.

So where do we go from here? I want my money back, as I'm sure all of you do who were scammed by these people. Somehow we need to get together for a class action lawsuit against DGT.

Please feel free to contact me.

Janet
San Pedro, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2007 06:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Discount-Global-Travel-DGT-Mustafa-Azizi-Gus/Irvine-California-92618/Discount-Global-Travel-DGT-Mustafa-Azizi-Gus-scam-artists-frauds-dont-deliver-on-pro-234740. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Discount Global Travel, DGT, Mustafa Azizi, Gus

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Messege From ex employee Feels wrong about what DGT did.

AUTHOR: Mustafa Ex Employee Feels Bad - (U.S.A.)

I know I don't have to file this but....here it goes...I worked for DGT and Peder Sugland always promised that he was fulfilling the benifits promised by our sales pitch. After reading this website and all the reports filled I feel bad for the people who bought into DGT including my own mother....Peder is not to be found...I feel bad for causing grief and money to nice people, but I never knew the stupid program didnt work. But if it makes you feel better to call me a scam artist...it is what it is.....again sorry.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I used DGT and enjoyed the benefits

AUTHOR: Jerry - (U.S.A.)

I was a client and enjoyed using it so much I went to work for them part time. I did condos in Mexico and Maui before I went to work for them. I saved huge money on them and a couple hundred on a cruise. The condos were fantastic.
Instead of leaving clients high and dry when they ceased operation they enlisted other discount services to take over the database.

If your not going to use the other services they set up just charge back your credit card or stop making payments to the finance companies. I wish they were still in business. I thought it was a great company to be a client of and to work for.

Need Help

AUTHOR: Amy - (U.S.A.)

I was ripped off by this compnay also. Judy-how do I get in touch with you? I am in South Euclid and I have filed with the BBB and this web site. I would love to fight them.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Judy - (U.S.A.)

Joesph- your nose is so brown!! Please enough is enought. Its making me sick!! Why do you back these people up time and time again???? Castaway wants more money out of these people!! DTG was a scam. I feel horrible that I was even a part of this company. When I found out what these people were doing I left. If anyone out there needs any support please contact me. I have ALL paper work etc. from this company. Really Joesph, stop with your "guidence" towards castaway, shame on you!!!!!!

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#7 UPDATE EX-employee responds

DGT Out of business?

AUTHOR: Piera - (U.S.A.)

Joseph

If they went out of business they owe money to the people with contracts! They ran away instead & opened under a different name Castaway bay! Do not believe him!

#9 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Transfer of service

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

DGT is out of business. Former DGT clients can contact Castaways Vacations 866-729-6400. They are offering a free trial of their service to DGT clients.