Complaint Review: Discount Global Travel

• Submitted: Wed, June 13, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, June 13, 2007

• Reported By:Anaheim California
Discount Global Travel
25554 Woodward Ave. Royal Oak, Michigan U.S.A.

Discount Global Travel Ripoff Fraudulent service and contracts Irvine California And Royal Oak Michigan

I have read the other reports and had very similar experiences, I have to date not saved any money and have been extremely frustrated with the service. I too tried several times to get a refund. I paid $3500 for a 20yr membership with an option to upgrade to a lifetime for an additional fee.

In addition to having the same problems everyone else is speaking of ie poor service and NO discounts to speaK of I was given a couple of free trips with my sign up as part of my package deal one was for my Daughters graduation, promised to me and put in writing a sales Mgr in Irvine Ca. Leif Kaufman, neither of which did they honor. There were two trips I booked and paid for in full both of which because of a death in our family we could not use and because of all their restrictions I could not reschedule or get any money refunded.

I too had become so frustrated with them I had stopped tring to book trips with them, but just today I tried to book hotel reservations in SF and discovered they have gone out of business and so ends my 20yr membership.

The strange thing is DGT 800 # is being routed to a company called Mid American Connections a travel co. who says they have no affiliations with DGT but they are connected with the software Global Explorer which I receiced several months ago from DGT but I have never received anything from Castaway Travel.

I have saved all of my paperwork and documentation from my dealings with DGT in the hopes I would find someone to take my complaints to.

If there is a law suit or someone else I should talk to please let me know.

Anaheim, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2007 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Discount-Global-Travel/Royal-Oak-Michigan-48067/Discount-Global-Travel-Ripoff-Fraudulent-service-and-contracts-Irvine-California-And-Royal-254255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Discount Global Travel