Complaint Review: Discount Tire - Bedford, Texas

• Updated: Mon, April 22, 2013

• Reported By: Ripped off Single Mom — Euless Texas
Discount Tire - Bedford, Texas
Harwood Road Bedford, Texas United States of America

Discount Tire - Bedford, Texas Discount Tire DOES NOT HONOR WARRANTIES! Bedford, Texas

I purchased 2 Falken tires at Dicsount tire in January 2012. They placed the tires on the back as stated in their store and on my receipt. I purchased two more tires at Walmart because my car wouldn't pass inspection on the front set. I subsequently had my car aligned and inspected. Good to go right? Read on.

The falkens had a 40,000 mile warranty on them. I took my car for an oil change in March of 2013 and the manager pointed out that the used tires I had on the front were completely bald and unsafe. I laugned and said no those were just purchased new a  little over a year ago. I thought for sure they were the Walmart ones, but had forgotten about a tire rotation. One call to Discount tire told me they were indeed purchased there, not at Walmart. They had indeed been rotated at least once from my recollection.

So I took them in, thinking for sure they would do the right thing and get these death traps off my car. Nope! First they tell me they put them on the front. No I say, as the receipt (and the sign right behind you states) you cannot put new tires on the front. Ok, we will sell you new tires for either 300+ or 180+. Which price works for you? NEITHER!! I want you to honor your warranty. Well, since you are not interested in another pair of Falkens that's what we can do. Period.

Gals and guys, NEVER EVER buy tires at Discount Tire. You must prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that your tires were rotated whether you drive 5 or 13,000+ in a year. I mean you gotta have the oil change people put it on your receipt, or take them into discount and make sure they provide you with some written proof that they rotated them, otherwise you are SCREWED to the wall.

Since I am NOT in the business of buying new tires every 12 months and FALKEN tires have a horrid reputation, I think anyone can see what happened here. I walked out and used social media to help the next person hoping to get a fair shake from discount tire.

My advise go ANYWHERE BUT DISCOUNT TIRE. Walmart comes to mind, Firestone, gosh anywhere but these croooks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2013 07:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Discount-Tire-Bedford-Texas/Bedford-Texas-/Discount-Tire-Bedford-Texas-Discount-Tire-DOES-NOT-HONOR-WARRANTIES-Bedford-Texas-1045165. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Discount Tire - Bedford, Texas