Complaint Review: Discount Tire

Discount Tire
16131 W Bell Rd Surprise, AZ Surprise, Arizona USA

Discount Tire Failed to honor warranty Surprise Arizona

*Author of original report: Problem Solved

*Consumer Suggestion: Most tire warrantys require that the tires be inspected and rotated at regular intervals.

*Author of original report: Very Defensive

I have been going to discount tires for 15 years for all of my tire needs.  I have always purchased the tire warranty even though I have never used them.  I had never had a problem with them until this became an issue.

So my tires were riding funny and I brought my car in.  I take it in and speak with a sales Rep, Henry.  Henry said the tires were shredded and I needed to purchase new tires.  I told Henry that I had about 30k miles left on my warranty, and he informed me that I had over 50k miles on my warranty.  Great I thought, but it wasn't.  Henry proceed to tell me he will take $75 dollars off of my new tire purchase because it is my fault the tires are bad.

We argue for a while and he goes and gets his manager, Jow.  Jow says the $75 off is a great deal and that I should be happy and take it and I'd be an idiot not to take it.  At this point I'm getting extremely irritated and can't believe the way I'm being treated after 15 years of being a client.  Henry tells me he can sell me a cheaper tire and still take the $75 dollars off but that it will still be over $200 dollars.  Needless to say I decided I did not want to do business with them anymore and left.  I highly recommend you don't go here, their customer service reps are jerks and they don't honor their agreements.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2014 04:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Discount-Tire/Surprise-Arizona-85374/Discount-Tire-Failed-to-honor-warranty-Surprise-Arizona-1128289. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Discount Tire

Problem Solved

AUTHOR: MattV - ()

So, a rep (Cory Wenzl) from another store down the street (13742 W Bell Rd, Surprise, AZ 85374) went ahead and saw my bad reports on the other location and found a way to get a hold of me.  He called me and said he wanted to make this right.  I was rather stand offish at first as I had already dealt with the situation and bought (cheap) tires from another store.  He said he wanted to put the good tires I had back on my car, and reimburse me for what I spent at the other tire store!  I was blown away!  And he kept up his end of the deal and took care of me.

In my opnion Cory went well beyond the call of duty by not only finding me but going out of his way to reimubrse me for my troubles.  I highly recommend you go to his store (avoid the at 16131 W Bell Rd Surprise, AZ 85374 though), they dealt with me honorably and did way more than he had to do to fix the sitution.  Very few companies (especially at a competing location) would go that far to fix a problem like this.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

Did YOU honor the terms of the WRITTEN warranty?  If you did, file a claim in small claims court.  If you didn't learn from it for next time.

Very Defensive

AUTHOR: MattV - ()

Yes, I read my warranty and checked with my maintaince company, everything was followed.  THEY failed to follow their agreement.