Complaint Review: Discount Wholesalers Inc

• Updated: Mon, December 09, 2013

• Reported By: Annoyed and P'd Off. — SHOHOLA Pennsylvania
Discount Wholesalers Inc
1985 Ticonderoga Blvd. Suite 27 Chester Springs, Pennsylvania USA

Discount Wholesalers Inc Scam Lies Bad Business Practices Credit Card Alert Chester Springs Pennsylvania

This company professes to offer discounted cosmetics and beauty items in bulk. For example I purchased 250 Maybelline lipsticks at $1.25 each.  According to Saja ( Sales Manager ) all items are checked for quality ( Quality Control of sorts ) and are all perfect and ready to be sold how ever the buyer seems fit.

Upon arriving to pick them up I ask to see the items befor paying, she looks a little hesitant ( Red flag No1 ) but agrees and hurries off into the back. Upon arrivng back she informs me the guys out the back are putting together my box of goodies. She quickly pushes a form in front of me to sign voiding me of any rights to my money back in the event I am not happy ( Red flag No2 ). I politely say I would rather see the items first.

Clearly not happy with my request she leads me to the front door and says we can wait out there and one of the guys will bring them out for us. They will quickly check them first she tells me. She informs me that there is only a 5% damage rate. So I think that's reasonable. Well out comes the guy with a box of lipsticks. I take one look and say the majority of these are not lipsticks they are lipbalms. She tells me she doesn't know the difference. Well I do! Lipbalms are softeners for the lips, lipsticks add colour and are a whole different animal. That would be like me giving you a pair of slippers and saying "Hey have fun jumping in the puddles they are waterproof!" Are you kidding me? Then as I bend down to start looking at a few of them she tried to distract me. Well, let me tell you why. I grabbed a bundle that would of been a total of about 15. 8 of them were damaged to the point that you could barely open the tube without getting lipstick all over you.

"Oh that would be the 5% she comes back with. So I grab some more.... same thing! Out of the 250, 110 would not be able to be sold as anything more than Salvage items. My cost would now be up to $2.50 per lipstick if indeed it were a lipstick.

Not only that but they want you to fill in a form with your credit card details, your full name address etc etc and the 3 digit code off the back so they can keep it in a folder in their office ( Where the public has access to it when they come in there and there are no office staff around ).  ( Clear Violation of rules and regulations set forth by the credit card companies ) Are you kidding me. Then to top that off they want a copy of your drivers license!!!  And to make matters worse the filing cabinet does not even have a lock on it.

My advice to anyone considering using this mob is Buyer Beware!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2013 08:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Discount-Wholesalers-Inc/Chester-Springs-Pennsylvania-19425/Discount-Wholesalers-Inc-Scam-Lies-Bad-Business-Practices-Credit-Card-Alert-Chester-Sprin-1105733. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Discount Wholesalers Inc