Complaint Review: discountbooksale.com

• Updated: Fri, April 15, 2011

• Reported By: Juliehale — Otsego Minnesota United States of America
discountbooksale.com
Boca Raton, Florida United States of America

discountbooksale.com BBV-BestBrandValues.com; HotMovieSale.com DiscountPosterSale.com SmartGameShopper.com BestBuyerDiscounts.com Nuvalife.com discountbooksale scam Boca Raton, Florida

There is fine print on the website that says if you order a book and take advantage of the first time user $5 off that you will join a membership club that will charge your account either $9.95/month or $19.95/month.
     I was able to get a full refund for the amount charged to my account.
Thank you for posting a website!! I had no idea. As soon as I read your information I went straight to my account information and sure enough I had 2 charges on the 28th of the months for $9.95. Then I went to the website and saw the fine print. In the fine print they have a number to call. I called at 11pm and got a telemarketer. I told her I know
it's not her fault, it's the unethical company she works for. I told her I want to cancel my account and that I want a full
refund for all the charges to my account. I told her I've been scammed like this in the past by another company and I will continue to call until I receive my refund in full. I told her my account was inactive during the time period I was "a member". Then I heard someone in the background interrupt her and tell her to give me my refund. Don't let these guys take you as a sucker!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2011 09:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/discountbooksalecom/Boca-Raton-Florida-33481/discountbooksalecom-BBV-BestBrandValuescom-HotMovieSalecom-DiscountPosterSalecom-Sm-718234. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on discountbooksale.com