Complaint Review: DISCOVER CARD

• Submitted: Sat, October 31, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, October 31, 2009

• Reported By: Summer — Rochester Michigan United States of America
Post Office Box Salt Lake City, Utah United States of America

DISCOVER CARD Discover Card Financial Services Unauthorized Protection Plan Charges Salt Lake City, Utah

Discover Card ripped me off by charging my credit card with unauthorized billings for a "protection plan" that waives payments due should a person become injured, ill, or unemployed.  I told the telemarketer that I was not interested in the plan.  Inspite of my refusal, Discover Card activated the plan!!  It was 7 months and $1,700 later when I realized the charges.

I disputed the charges and Discover Card came back with a rebuttle that their voice recording of my conversation indicated that I authorized the plan of which I know I did not.  I told them I wanted to hear the recording.  They told me that I had to pay a "data storage" affiliate to retrieve the recording which was $100 or so.  I was exasperated!!

If there is a class action in existence, I sure would like to be a part of it!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2009 01:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DISCOVER-CARD/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-/DISCOVER-CARD-Discover-Card-Financial-Services-Unauthorized-Protection-Plan-Charges-Salt-L-517869. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DISCOVER CARD