Complaint Review: Dish

• Updated: Wed, March 26, 2014

• Reported By: Linda — Grant City Missouri
Dish
P.O. Box 9033 Littleton, Colorado USA

Dish, Dish TV, or Dish Network Won't change my due date unless bill is ZERO . They bill before the bill is paid so the bill is never Zero unless you pay ahead. charging a late fee because they won't change my payment date. Originally had full month to change bill. They changed system and now are charging late fee. Littleton Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: Your Post

*Consumer Comment: My guess is you can't afford the TV service with Dish.

I originally asked Dish network for the due date of my bill to be the 28th of each and every month because I'm on disability and get two checks pr month.  They could not give me the date at that time that I wanted...However told me that I had 30 full days to pay the bill WITHOUT a late fee.  I called back 3 times and spoke to 3 different people to assure what I was hearing was correct.  All 3 gave me the same info....  30 days in full to pay without a late fee.

Well, all of the sudden I started getting higher and higher bills.  I called and they had started charging me a late fee.  I have called numerous customer service reps and they will wave the late fee but all tell me different info on how to get the due date changed.  Originally it was told to me (their system bills everyone at the same time and they were not set up to change a due date).  Now I'm being told that the system has changed and now I will get a late fee if I don't pay by approximatley the 14th of the month!  I have called numerous times trying to simply get them to change my due date to the 28th.  They won't change it unless the balance is ZERO!!!  Problem is the balance is NEVER ZERO !!!  Because THEY BILL BEFORE they receive my check every month !

I can't get this resolved by customer service or their supervisors.  They will not give me anyone higher up to speak to nor will they give me a direct name to contact in written form.  They tell me they don't know their names.  I did write a complaint on a website they gave me over a week ago with NO REPLEY !

The company has found a CHEAP way to RIP OFF their customers such as myself !!!!!

Linda M. Hern

(((redacted)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2014 06:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-/Littleton-Colorado-801160/Dish-Dish-TV-or-Dish-Network-Wont-change-my-due-date-unless-bill-is-ZERO-They-bill-b-1133988. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish

Your Post

AUTHOR: MikeL DISH - ()

Linda,

Please email me your account number at michael.lemar@dish.com so I can have a look.  Thanks for your efforts!

My guess is you can't afford the TV service with Dish.

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

"Therefore, I continue to get late fee's every month and must call them every month and spend hours on the phone with them.  My concern is that this may be going against my credit and eventually they will no longer wave the fee.  Then I'm STUCK in a 2 year contract !!!  "

Does the 2 year contract you signed with them say you have 30 days past the due date to pay without penalty?  Didn't think so.  That would make your next payment due the following day.

You should try to find a way to put funds aside to pay ON TIME and'or cancel a service you obviously can't afford as soon as you can without the early termination fee.

It's not their fault that you are unwilling/unable to budget the money to pay on time.