Complaint Review: DISH NETWORK INC.

• Submitted: Fri, September 25, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, September 25, 2009

• Reported By: Malinda — Euclid Ohio USA
DISH NETWORK INC.
5555 County Road 203 Millersburg, Ohio United States of America
  • Phone: 1-877-6824
  • Web:
  • Category: Cable TV

DISH NETWORK INC. Dish Network refuses to waived cancellation fee for no service. Millersburg, Ohio

8/28/2009 I requested Dish Network to transfer of my cable services because of a move I had to make.  Dish Network called and told me that they could not received the satellite in the unit I moved to.  Therefore I had to cancel the contract (which was never signed by me).

I talked with Luke McGee in resolutions, told him of the situation and that I was not in agreement with the contract, and that the cancellation fee should be waived. I never initialed or signed the contract.  The technician did the writing.  McGee asked me, "Who told you to move?"  I told McGee that I had to move and liked the service but would not pay for service I could not use.  McGee sent for a copy of the contract from Corporate.

9/02/2009 I was called by Vicky a representative of Dish Network. Vicky appologized for the inconvenience and told me that the cancellation fee would be waived and that all I owed was $29.28.

9/25/2009 Dish Network called and said there was a cancellation fee of $117.00.  I was transferred to Mark, explained the situation and was then transferred to Luke McGee.  I went over all events with McGee and was told that he would not honor the waiver of cancellation.  They claim they have no record of the waiver on 9/2/2009.

McGee also said that they only guaranteed the first address of installation and that it was in the contract.  I do not see that in the contract. I stated that It was not my fault Dish could not receive the satellite.  The contract cancellation fee should be waived due to No Fault Circumstance.

McGee insisted the contract is valid and that a fee should be charged for cancellation.  I am in dispute with that: Dish could not provide the services so I should not have to pay.  Dish should be able to provide the services regardless of location in order to have a contract.  The contract was never signed, therefore it was a month to month service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2009 01:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DISH-NETWORK-INC/Millersburg-Ohio-44654/DISH-NETWORK-INC-Dish-Network-refuses-to-waived-cancellation-fee-for-no-service-Millers-500508. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DISH NETWORK INC.