• Report: #1102027

• Updated: Mon, November 25, 2013

• Reported By: S.C. person — Dillon South Carolina
Dish NetWork
Dillon, South Carolina USA

Dish NetWork Dish Dish Net Work Dish NetWork I Disconnected now they say I owe them $710 for 2 hours of service Dillon South Carolina

*UPDATE Employee: Your Post

*Author of original report: I didn't sign

*Consumer Comment: Since the installation work had beeen done...

*General Comment: You are correct...

Dish Network, came out and hooked my DishTV up, I had ordered TV and Internet - the TV was fussy and the Technician said I would have to call again and ask for Internet, it was not on his work order. The Serives and customer serice was so bad when I called, I said I am done with these people - just cancel all my service, the lady said i could not do that. I told her I can do what I with for its my serivice, they transfered me to another person - who told me I would be charged $710.00 for early disconnect. they already took $300 or so from my bank! So i will try and reach a lawyer and sue them. If there is already a Lawyer on this case, Please contact me, ASAP. though this comany.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2013 10:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-NetWork/Dillon-South-Carolina-29563/Dish-NetWork-Dish-Dish-Net-Work-Dish-NetWork-I-Disconnected-now-they-say-I-owe-them-710-1102027. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish NetWork

Your Post

AUTHOR: MikeL DISH - ()

S.C. person,

I came across your post and if you're having signal issues, please email me your account number at michael.lemar@dish.com so I can walk you through some options.  If you're having issues with the internet, please call us toll-free at 1-800-333-3474 and request our internet specialist to discuss that further.

I didn't sign

AUTHOR: S.C. person - ()

I Ordered off of my phone, I was not there when he actually finished the install to sign, my wife Signed, when I got there, I was fussing about the quality of the Signal and no Internet - He said Internet will be worse quality. I was like oh, heck no, take this back out and cancel it all. Technician said, he could not do anything till he closed the order out and I would have to call Customer Service. they routed me to 7 differant people, till one finally said he could help me, he shut the service off, right then and said I would be billed for $710.oo Dollars. I put a stop payment in on the $290.00 but it had already went through. What does, Bright have to do with anything? Smart of Dumb, you should not be forced to keep something that is of poor Quality. I have a copy of the Sales person transcripts were he states the internet is fast and the TV is HD. I am not a computer person, or Satilite person, they should of told me, singnal can be poor at times, service can be lost at times etc... It is a bad Product for my needs and I do not see why I am forced to pay for poor pruduct quality and service.

Since the installation work had beeen done...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

you need to read your TWO YEAR contract with early cancellation penaly that you signed. Your "lawyer" will likely tell you the same thing and that you're "screwed". BTW, you DID read the contract before you signed it, right?  You don't sound very bright.

#4 General Comment

You are correct...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

In so far that yes it is your contract to do with as you like. But the moment you placed your order or paid for it, you are bound by a two year contract. Be it 2 hours or 700 days. As such you are also bound to the ETF or Early Termination Fee. This fee is in place to protect the service provider from deadbeats who wish to welch on the contract they signed. This means that even if it has only been a few hours, you are still bound by the terms of the contract. Even if you havent seen a contract yet you would still be bnound as you would have "signed" without reading. Your best bet is to try and get the services re-instated. This MAY reverse the ETF.

Otherwise you are stuck paying the ETF. Even a Lawyer will tell you that if you signed without reading the whole contract you are STILL bound by the terms and conditions of that contract. Good Luck in your fight, but you wont be able to sue them without some serious penalties. As they have a copy of all your information including the contract, they will be better armed legaly speaking. This means that you will have a judgment against you for the full price of the disconnect AND the legal fees of the Lawyers that the provider retains. Unless that is if they use their own in house legal team, then they can really over charge you. You also wont be able to DIRCTLY sue them. Part of the contract states that YOU MUST go to arbitration.

Contract Law is pretty cut and dry. Once your signature is on the contract, youre pretty much stuck in that contract unless there is some wiggleroom. It sounds to me like you made a descion out of frustration and now you regret it. You may be able to smooth talk your way into getting your service back. This may invalidate your ETF, but you wont know until you call.