Complaint Review: Dish Network

PO Box 7203, Pasedena CA 91109 Engelwood, Colorado United States of America

Dish Network Cancellation & Return Policy is a sham! Engelwood, Colorado

*Consumer Comment: cmon becki

*UPDATE Employee: Shipping fees

Here is the email I sent to Dish Network that you can pretty much get the idea;

Dear provider, I was never made aware of your service agreement, nor did I sign anything stating I would pay to return YOUR equipment.  On 8/8/10 I cancelled service and paid balance to $0. On 8/12/10 I receive an email stating you sent me boxes to return YOUR equipment in. I have still not received these.  I call in to check up on mystery boxes and talked with a guy whose 3 digit code I did not write down (as I still had some faith in your company & service) who said he will resend them as well as note my account of the issue so I was not charged.  At this point my account was still $0 balance and I assumed it was taken care of and boxes on the way.  On 9/14/10 I receive a bill but no boxes. I called in and reached a Mr "TQ0" who stated the balance of $25.67 from my previous balance of $0 was correct and my responsibility, He called is "back service".  Also made me aware at that time that the cost of sending YOUR equipment back was my responsibility.  I asked to talk to a supervisor and when he came back online he stated that he had a supervisor but I was #4 in line and looking at about a 30 minute wait.  I was already on the line at that point for 26 minutes.  I asked if you had call back service and was told no I said nevermind and hung up.  On 9/22/10 I called and spoke with YB0 to check status on boxes, I was told nothing had been sent SURPRISE SURPRISE.  I then told him to please send the boxes and this is when he told me that they were actually labels.  I caught him up to everything going on up to that point and also told him of our situation of zero money.  He told me that there were local retailers that could take in the equipment in emergency situations and gave me a phone number. 1-303-723-8800.  I called this number and got a recording to leave a message or fax.  I left a message but never got a call back, Im not surprised.  At this point, I have found a local store in Gilbert AZ.  I will be taking your equipment down to this location and surrendering it to them.  Your policy is a joke and quite frankly it is very  dishonest and sneaky.  Your company as well as "customer service" is a joke.  I was a loyal customer to you for 5 years and not only will I NEVER get your service again, I will tell EVERYONE about how you treated me as well as report you to BBB.  What a sham!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2010 09:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Engelwood-Colorado-/Dish-Network-Cancellation-Return-Policy-is-a-sham-Engelwood-Colorado-644000. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

cmon becki

AUTHOR: kodymorse - (United States of America)

you know very well your not going to help him. $15 for a label, is that what paper costs now? and you never sent the boxes, that way you could screw him. thats how dish runs its business. stop acting like you care, we all see through the bullshit. and im going to spend all my free time exposing you until you cancel my contract.

-kody morse

Shipping fees

AUTHOR: BeckiB@Dish Network - (USA)

Hello!!! I am sorry for the frustration with the boxes and your ending balance. For the boxes, they do have to be processed, and can take a few days to initially send. I am sorry that they took a little bit to send. The boxes do come with labels that you can choose to send back. If you use our labels, it is $15 per label, or you can choose your own method of shipment. With your ending balance, I would have to take a look at the account to really see what happened, but they could have been prorated charges. If you would like me to look more in depth with that, please email me at becki.barned@dishnetwork.com!!

Becki Barned