Complaint Review: DISH Network

DISH Network
70 Inverness Circle East Englewood, Colorado United States of America

DISH Network Pay in Advance is a rip-off!!! Englewood, Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: DISH

I purchased my Dish network equipment so I would not have to be under a contract. I am considered a pay in advance customer. I was under the assumption that pay in advance was the same as pre-paying for service. Due to unforeseen financial issues in November, I was unable to pay for my pay in advance service on the 6th and on the 7th my service was suspended. On November 16th I paid the amount required for a month of service. Today, December 7th my service was suspended. I was a little baffled because I paid for a month of service and only received 20 days.

The first customer service representative I spoke to was difficult to understand(as usual) and seemed uninterested in actually "listening" to what I was saying. I was prepared for this, since every time I have ever called with an issue I have spoken to deaf ears and been treated rudely. The representative Jason said you just need to pay the $58.00. I told him he was not addressing my issue and wasn't listening and I wanted to speak with a supervisor. After being on hold for 10 min he came back on the line line and said my supervisor said you just need to pay the $58!! I was furious and told him I requested to speak with a supervisor not have a message relayed from one and I wanted to speak to one now!

A female supervisor by the name of Ann came on the line. I ask her if she had relayed a message to me through the other representative? She said yes I was doing something else. I told her when a customer asks to speak to a supervisor that's what they expect not a relayed message. Again I explained my issue. Ann informed me that pay in advance and pre-pay are not the same. She explained that although my service was suspended, I was still responsible for paying for the time I didn't have it! I said so let me make sure I understand this, I pay in advance for my service, If I don't have service for three weeks out of the month and pay on the fourth week, that will only give me service for a week? She replied that is correct! She then told me they were having maintenance on their computer system and she was not able to pull up my account and help me right now.

How can you have a pay in advance for service, and require someone to pay for service they did not receive? Maybe I'm missing something but it would seem reasonable to think if I paid in advance for  one month of service on November 16th, I should have service until December 16th. I have had numerous other issues with this company and every experience is the same...Infuriating! I am reluctant to contact their executive resolution center. The only thing I can see that keeps them in business is their lower prices and other shady ways of taking peoples money. If staying in business was dependent on their customer service and actually helping their customers, from my experiences they would be out of business! One of the worst companies I have ever dealt with!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2012 03:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DISH-Network/Englewood-Colorado-/DISH-Network-Pay-in-Advance-is-a-rip-off-Englewood-Colorado-979411. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DISH Network

DISH

AUTHOR: Mark H DISH - (USA)

Hello Amy, I am sorry to hear about the issue with your DISH service and I will be happy to review this and see how I may help. Please email with your account information for assistance with this.

Thank