Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Updated: Sat, January 18, 2014

• Reported By: Tom — Kelseyville California
Dish Network
9601 S Meridian Blvd Englewood, Colorado USA

Dish Network Charged my wife's bank account $122.50 for an early termination fee without our authorization or consent. Englewood Colorado

*Consumer Comment: THIS SOUNDS LIKE Dish One Satellite not DISH NETWORK

*UPDATE Employee: Your Post

*Consumer Comment: Like the other rebuttals have stated about YOU agreeing to all this in the contract YOU signed...

*General Comment: Etf

*Consumer Comment: Question

Dish Network took $122.50 dollars out of my wife's checking account without notifying her of anything on 01/18/2014.  Her checking account is now negative due to her not having that money in her account to begin with.  We are VERY upset. I checked my email, and Dish sent me this email that says, "Thank you for your recent payment." Even tho I never even made a mayment.

I chatted with Dish Network, and they told me that it was an early termination fee. They also said that that they take that fee it out of the credit card that they have on file from my last payment. Then they said that I still owe them $108.17 for services rendered.. I told them to remove my bank account, and they said they couldn't since our account has a past due balance.

I cannot afford this. They have already taken food out of my families mouths by taking unauthorized money out of our account, without consent or authorization.

How can they even do this? Any help is appreciated. Thank you very much.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2014 08:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Englewood-Colorado-80112/Dish-Network-Charged-my-wifes-bank-account-12250-for-an-early-termination-fee-without-1116693. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

THIS SOUNDS LIKE Dish One Satellite not DISH NETWORK

AUTHOR: mom - ()

This sounds like Dish  one satellite   . They resale Dish Network Services and try to act like they are infact DISHNETWORK. They are not. If you call DISH NETWORK 3037231000. They will be more than happy to give you real customer service and records you can use in court.

Here is  there information

2601 North Canyon Road

Provo Utah 84604

8017059934

dishoneonline.com

You could for about 30 dollars file a claim in small claims court. They can not use attorneys and if they dont show you get the judgement in your favor. You can also report them to the Federal Trade Commision and your local state, county , city consumer agencies.

Your Post

AUTHOR: MikeL DISH - ()

Tom, I appreciate the responses and would love to take a look for you if you could please email me the account or phone number at michael.lemar@dish.com!

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

which YOU did.  Here's another point of view.

"I cannot afford this. They have already taken food out of my families mouthsby taking unauthorized money out of our account, without consent or authorization."

If this is enough to "take food out of your families mouths" perhaps you couldn't afford the service at all.

Contracts should ALWAYS be read before signing.

No, I don't work for Dish, but do have their service, find it satisfactory and I HAVE read my contract.

See if you can get food stamps since your family is now starving.

#4 General Comment

Etf

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

You agreed to the etf when you signed your contract. Why would you think you could just cancel with no penalty? Any business that offers a service has you sign a contract. There is no help for your situation as it is a situation of your own doing and was agreed upon on signing your original ccontract.

You acted in haste and now must pay them for your choices

Question

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

Did you have service with this company and did you cancel said service before your contract was up?? If so you a liable to pay the early cancellation fee - should have read your contract before signing up.  And NO I do not work for this company.