• Report: #1120988

• Updated: Tue, February 04, 2014

• Reported By: mom — Castle Rock Colorado
Dish Network
9601 S Meridian Blvd Englewood, Colorado USA

Dish Network Swindled, in a scam by Dish Network by using my bank account. DO NOT GIVE THEM ACCOUNT INFO OF ANY KIND. Englewood Colorado

*Author of original report: I'm opening a new ripoff report with DISH ONE SATELLITES INFO

*Author of original report: IMPORTANT THIS IS NOT DISH NETWORK

*Author of original report: You are incorrect.

*General Comment: Once signed...

*Author of original report: I just read about a fella here in colorado I may try to contact. I read he was a radio talk show host Tom Martino may give him a try have to read more about him and his show.

I strongly suggest you think twice before doing business with this company.

A subcontracted door to door salesman for DISH NETWORK approached our home 2 years ago. He was quite the hustler and hustled us from our couch in our own living room. He offered a great deal for us if we would sign up right there.  It seemed to be a good deal, so we signed up right there, the old fashion way on paper.

When the field service tech came for installation  I went over the deal with him. There were many discrepancies between what was sold by the salesman and the real terms of agreement.  I refused to let the field service tech install any equipment and asked him to wait, as I called the customer service group for DISH.

I called the DISH NETWORK service people to advise I did not want the service if it was not going to be as it was sold. They told me they could not honor the deal that was presented by their subcontracted salesman and agreed to cancel the agreement we had signed with their door to door salesman. I signed no paperwork for the field tech and told him we were not going to be purchasing any service.

Now it is 2 years later and I find a charge for almost $400 dollars on the checking account. I called DISH NETWORK customer service.  They advised the charge was for equipment and are refusing a refund of money.

I am shocked a prominent company such as DISH NETWORK would conduct themselves in such a way. It is very hard for me to believe they think this is normal business practice. They made absolutely no contact before arbitrarily debiting the bank account with a charge of almost $400.00. They got the bank debit information from the door to door salesman's paperwork.

I have had no luck with their customer service team.  Everytime I call they refuse to let me talk to anyone with authority. I get advised every time I call in that I am talking to the customer service manager. Which does not seem to be very honest in my opinion based off of my experience thus far.

My advice is do not talk to the DISH NETWORK reps that come to the door. Do not give DISH NETWORK any bank account information.  If you think you are going to get service from them I would  only pay them with a money order. Document and date everything you do with them and hold onto that information for at least 5 years.

I'm still gathering my records and researching the best way to handle this. I am having to write letters to the bank and to DISH NETWORK to show my disagreement of charges for further course of action.

I think this is completely rediculous that I have to spend this sort of time, energy, and find ways to live without the $400 that they have stolen. It feels like they literally walked up and lifted my wallet from my purse like a common street thief.

I strongly suggest you think twice before doing business with this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2014 09:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Englewood-Colorado-80112/Dish-Network-Swindled-in-a-scam-by-Dish-Network-by-using-my-bank-account-DO-NOT-GIVE-TH-1120988. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

I'm opening a new ripoff report with DISH ONE SATELLITES INFO

AUTHOR: mom - ()

I am going to open a new ripoff report for DISH ONE SATELLITE.

I am going to place their info here incase someone reads this and is going through the same thing.

DISH ONE SATELLITE LLC

84604

WEBSITE: dishoneonline.com

IMPORTANT THIS IS NOT DISH NETWORK

AUTHOR: mom - ()

Through my investigation today I did get directly in contact with the TRUE DISH NETWORK.

They advised that a company called DISH ONE SATELLITE just resales the true DISH NETWORK SERIVCE.

DISH NETWORK adivsed me they showed my cancelation and agree that I indeed do not have equipment and never had service.

DISH NETWORK advised they were in no way charging me for equipment that it is this seperate company that resales their service that is the one doing business like this.

I will follow this up and get info on this 3rd party retailer.

I WANT TO BE CLEAR DISH ONE SATELLITE IS NOT DISH NETWORK!!!!   BUT DISH ONE WILL NEVER TELL YOU THAT.

You are incorrect.

AUTHOR: mom - ()

I called and dish agreed to cancel the contract that was sold by the subcontracted salesman which releases me from any obligation of that contract.

DISH NETWORK is telling me directly and very clearly the charge is for equipment. It is not from early termination. I record every call I make to them and they have been very clear this is for equipment.

#4 General Comment

Once signed...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Sorry but once you signed with the salesman you were bound by the terms and conditions of whatever contract Dish was using. Yep you backed out, but you had already signed a ETF form. The $400 is the Early Termination Fee for breaking your contract. Its not for equiptment. This is WHY its so very important to read EVERYTHING anyone wishes you to sign.

AUTHOR: mom - ()

I just read about a fella here in Colorado  I may try to contact, a radio talk show host Tom Martino. It looks like he may try to help with things like this. Theres also the Federal trade commision and state, county, and city consumer agencies. I also read a little about small claims court.

Anyone have suggestions, experience, or reviews on these avenues?