Complaint Review

(800) 333-3474
Category:
Satellite Companies

Dish Network Use of credit bureaus to perpetuate extortion Englewood Colorado

Dish Network charges in advance for their service and then when you cancel they will charge you to send their equipment back to them and not refund the unused portion of their service.  I paid $54 for the month of their service and canceled on the second day of the month (after my contract term was over).  I returned their equipment in the boxes that they provided and then they sent me a bill for $16 for shipping.  I told them that I would pay once they refunded my pro-rated $54.  They turned the bill over to collections and subsequently to Equifax.  Their uncollected debt took my credit score from a 805 to 693.  Clearly this lousy business can be profitible by ripping people off and then extorting money through the credit bureaus.

The truth about their unscrupulous practices will tank this company.  Do not become one of the people that allows them to continue to rip people off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2014 11:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Englewood-Colorado-80112/Dish-Network-Use-of-credit-bureaus-to-perpetuate-extortion-Englewood-Colorado-1128209. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network