• Report: #692049

dish network
9601 South Meridian Boulevard Englewood, CO Internet United States of America

dish network Bait and switch in the modern world, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Dish Employees

*Author of original report: really help now ?

*UPDATE Employee: Price change

*UPDATE Employee: DISH Network credits

Dish network signs me up for 2 years two weeks ago.  The first year it is suppose to be one set price ($24.99 in my case), then the next year price goes up accordingly.  I have had dish for exactly 2 weeks.  They charged me the initial price of $24.99 and then raised the price on the very next months bill to $29.99.  This was suppose to be an 12 month promotion, not a two week promotion.  Customer service said they could raise the rate on there customers at anytime, and the sign up promotion did not mean anything past the initial month.  I told her that her company could not change a contract, she said that they could change the terms whenever they see fit.  She then hung up on me.  (K49N Aorina in TX was the reps "name")

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2011 03:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/dish-network/internet/dish-network-Bait-and-switch-in-the-modern-world-Internet-692049. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on dish network

Dish Employees

AUTHOR: Chris - (USA)

I would like to see Dish's employees get some of their own medicine for trying to defend this dirty company.  I wonder how they would like it if their banks hid little clauses in their contracts the same way they do for their customers.  That way the bank can just send them their car payment bill for $100 more and say "well we reserve the right to change our price and by the way we are going to move you from that 2010 Ford Taurus to a 2007 Toyota Yaris."  Then they might have a little taste of what their company does to customer when they change prices and programming packages DURING a contract.

There is no defense for either of the big 2 satellite companies scumbag business practices.  Just google Dish Network complaints.  How can you possibly justify that?  The worse thing is that compared to the other company, Dish is the  lesser of two evils.

really help now ?

AUTHOR: david baitandswitched - (United States of America)

If your satellite company is misleading you contact your states general attorney's office and file a complaint online.  Very quick process (5minutes) and I was able only through them to get the resolution that I deserved.  Also for the post by #1 and #2 you sound as if you sincerely care.  If you do care then change the culture of your company, and stop misleading ad campaigns.  My complaint is not a solo event, google any bad word behind your companies name and see how many hits there are.  You guys could have many customers for life, instead you get many customers until their contract ends.

Price change

AUTHOR: BeckiB@Dish Network - (USA)

Hello. I understand the frustration of your bill going up by $5. We did have a price increase on 2/1 that increased the package prices by $5. The prices, however, are locked in on the packages and equipment until 2013. I do apologize that this caught you off guard, but you are locked into that price. The contract does, as the agent told you, stipulate that the prices are subject to change. But you can rest assured that the package prices are locked until 2013.

Becki  Barned
DISH Network Customer Service

DISH Network credits

AUTHOR: MikeH_Dish Network - (USA)

Hi David my
name is Mike Houston of DISH Network I am very sorry you were hung up on. We at
DISH Network Do not tolerate hanging up on our customers or being rude on
calls. I do see there is an issue with the first year of your bill going up,
there are credits we do implement for the package as well as the Service Plan. I
would like to check the account to see the notes from your first day of
service, to look this up I will need either your account number or phone number.
I will leave you my e-mail and you can contact me directly. Michael.houston@dishnetwork.com