Complaint Review: dish network

• Updated: Sun, January 05, 2014

• Reported By: joe — San Diego California
dish network
Internet USA

dish network N/A RAN A CREDIT CHECK WITHOUT MY CONCENT. MAY HAVE USED MY SS FOR FRAUD. Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Your Post

I called to get a quote on dish networks services. They wanted my credit card number and social security number before they would do anything. I told them I did not want to give out mt social. They asked if I would give out my address and credit card number in order to get a price quote. I did, they gave my a price, I thanked them and told them if I could not find a better deal I would be calling them back. Two days later I recieved a call from Life Lock informing me that dish network had pulled my credit without my concent. It is still unkown as to how they obtained my social security number. Life Lock is conducting an investigation. Not a company I would trust with my personal information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2014 11:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/dish-network/internet/dish-network-NA-RAN-A-CREDIT-CHECK-WITHOUT-MY-CONCENT-MAY-HAVE-USED-MY-SS-FOR-FRAUD-In-1113078. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on dish network

Your Post

AUTHOR: MikeL DISH - ()

joe,

That's awesome to hear you're interested in our giving us a try as we'd love to add you to the DISH family!  In order for us to provide you with a specific price quote, we need to determine what you qualify for, which requires processing your information.  If you could, please email me your phone number at michael.lemar@dish.com so I can further assist you.