Complaint Review: dish network

• Submitted: Wed, May 09, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, June 06, 2012

• Reported By: dish lies — durham Nationwide United States of America
dish network

dish network bait and switch then avoid the issue Internet

*Consumer Comment: Satellite v. Cable

*General Comment: Direct tv

*Consumer Comment: It's called rain fade

dish network promised 4-5 games a week containing my favorite team and there division competitors. 6 weeks i haven't seen 1 except for the one game that was on espn. service goes out every time it rains. called multiple times ,had service here and was told not to bump into wire(their,s) it had a short. on base ball issue,was told that dirrect tv does the same! never got an explanation on rain shutting down reception totally. asked for them to come pick up their equipment and was told they will charge me for the next 22 month's of service either way. what can i do? i guess i'll get bad credit rating over this,but so be it. i ain,t paying for no reception,no baseball i was promised. no accountability on their part and i will get the bad credit? any advice from someone with similar experience?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2012 05:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/dish-network/internet/dish-network-bait-and-switch-then-avoid-the-issue-Internet-880510. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on dish network

Satellite v. Cable

AUTHOR: Almostasucker - (United States of America)

I have DirectTV as well, and love it.

Comcast customer service is without a doubt the rudest customer service department of any company I have ever called in my 40 years on Earth. I had problems in the beginning with Direct, and was on the phone with them. They were incredibly polite, and continue to be.

I heard that Dish doesn't have a lot of channels I watch in its basic lineup. No Nick Jr. for my two preschoolers, no AMC (which means no The Walking Dead).

Always, always record any calls to any company that you make. They record us, why not us record them, too?

#2 General Comment

Direct tv

AUTHOR: Mrs. M - (USA)

All satellite is the same. Although I have to say the amount of channels is better than comcast which would go out if the dog farted. Unfortunately satellite will go out if the storm is bad/rain/snow/wind but not so much on Direct tv. Its still annoying but you could go with comcast and it goes out because they can't handle the load . Then you could call in to comcast and get a rude person to hang up on you after your tv goes out 15 times a month. But thats neither here nor there...(no endorsing comcast as you see lol) . Now satellite is not much better , but if you paid for a subscription and your really nice about it they may help you out. They can't (unless I am mistaken) show you what happened but dish network sucks from what I hear. If dish network told you not to bump into the wires then I  would get it recorded that they said that, then cancel. If they actually told you verbatim "don't bump into the wires" then there is a serious problem. Call them again , get it escalated to a real person who can help you. Those that answer the phone really can't do much and I can't say anything about dish but I can against comcast.  They can pull up when you called and how much problems you had . If its realistic then they can not hold you to the agreement. They failed to provide what you signed for. I found this out when I went with att broadband. I cancelled because I was offline more than I was online . They sent me a bill for 100 for cancellation. The guy I spoke with , I asked him to look and see how much I had called and he agreed that I was on the phone more than I was online. Be friendly and if you can prove that your not getting your moneys worth and that they failed to provide what they offered then they will not make you pay. Do it with a smile , you would be amazed how much a smile (even if they can't see you) will do on the phone. Don't be angry, get out of your agreement for their failure then either do comcast or directv...(I love directv...shameless plug but directv has its problems but I will never go back to rude comcast.)

Good luck...and no I do not work for directv...:)

It's called rain fade

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

The storm clouds are so thick the signal cannot get to get to your receiver. Usually lasts 5 to 10 minutes but can last longer depending on the storm. I have seen it last up to about an hour during really heavy storms with thick cloud cover.

Not really much you can do about it or even the technicians. Just be patient and wait for the clouds to clear.