Complaint Review: dish network

• Updated: Mon, September 17, 2012

• Reported By: thelma — new tazewell Tennessee United States of America
dish network
dept. 0063 Internet United States of America

dish network stole money from my account Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: A little harsh, arent you?

*Consumer Comment: They Took My Dollar

*Consumer Comment: You signed for them to take the money.

*Consumer Comment: Just another one failing to read the contract they signed and live up to it's terms.

i had dish for about 3 months or so and had to move from my address i moved in with relatives i notified dish they were supposed to send stuff to return the box i received none i am on disability draw a small ss check each month in the month of august i went to the bank to pay my bills and got the shock of my life dish has taken all my money out of account sum of 482.00 which left me with nothing to pay my bills, the sad part is that they had no authorization to use my debit or credit bank card. i notified bbb dish is now sayint they have no account no or street address for this acccount how did they get money out of my banking if they had no information these people are scam artist and prey upon poor people like me i would have gladly sent them their equipment so just wanted to warn people about their debit cards and how dish uses this information to get money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2012 08:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/dish-network/internet/dish-network-stole-money-from-my-account-Internet-936268. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on dish network

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

A little harsh, arent you?

AUTHOR: Copdoc - (USA)

Apparently, Dish must rely more on early cancellations to generate revenue than keeping customers. I did, in fact, read my agreement. By law, an agreement is between two parties who are BOTH held to their respective parts, Dish being the equipment and service promised. They seem to have a history of unfulfilled promises and poor customer service, which does not entitle them to just grab early cancellation fees. I think an unfair business practices / deceptive sales practices class action suit may be on order.

They Took My Dollar

AUTHOR: LEvans - (USA)

Well tonight I checked my prepaid American Express card and see where Dish Network charged my card $1 on September 5, when I was going to change services. The special offered on line was not available to me when the system wouldn't let me finish the order, and had to call on the phone. I canceled the order by the number they gave to me online. So far I have spoken to more than six people, and known of them can explain why they took my dollar. I do not have their service and it has been more than 5 days, if they were just placing a hold on the funds. Now this is a ripoff.

You signed for them to take the money.

AUTHOR: Ceadda - (U.S.A.)

You had to sign paperwork allowing them to take the money from your account in order to start service. They are not scam artists nor are they praying on poor people. The charge was for you not returning the equipment. If you did not receive a box you should have been calling and asking where that box was, not pretending that everything was fine and you wouldn't have to pay for non-returned equipment.

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Your agreement, which you signed, obligates you to a two year obligation with Dish. This in return for the use of their equipment and the installation costs.  You DID read this right.

You, also, authorized them to debit the payment method you used to sign up for the service, should you default or cancel early and incur pro-rated early cancellation charges.

NO Ripoff here, you failed to exercise due diligence.

NO, I DON'T work for Dish and never have, but HAVE read my contract with them, as you should have done.

YOU Ripped off YOURself.