Cried

• Updated: Thu, November 15, 2012

• Reported By: datagirl — hiawatha Iowa United States of America
dish network
po box 9033 littleton, Colorado United States of America

dish network deceptive practices littleton, Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: New location

*UPDATE Employee: I'd like to help

*Consumer Comment: one time kenny has failed to read to mission of ripoff reports

*Consumer Suggestion: One more satellite customer who failed to read their contract...

I recently moved and am unable to receive dish network in my location. I contacted them on 10-25 and after a heated phone discussion, which was supposedly on a recorded line, I was told me service was cancelled and I would not have to pay the early termination fee.

When I called today (11-12) to ask why I continued to be billed, I was told by an individual that whoever told me I would not be charged the early term fee was incorrect in telling me that information and he does not have any way to listen to the phone call as they are used for training only. I was also informed that if an individual moves, it is their responsibility to inquire if the network is available as they will still be charged even if outside the service area. How is this legal?

I contacted the credit card associated w/ this account and they only option I have is to dispute the amount and dispute it every month. I feel if this continues, it will put a dark spot on my credit report as I have worked very hard to achieve the credit I have.

I am unable to have service as there is no line of sight from where I reside. I was told this by the technician who came to my residence and his manager also drove by to review if there was a line of sight. He also checked the surrounding addresses to inquire if anyone in my neighborhood has dish network and no one does as the satellite is unable to service the area. I was also told by a representative on the phone I could cut down some trees so I may be able to receive a signal. The large tree in my yard is over 50 years old, I am not going to cut it down for satellite service. In addition, my neighbors also have very large trees obstructing the view from the satellite.

I received an email from dish concerning the cancellation and when I inquired about it, I was told this was only for the scheduled service call. How could it have been cancelled when 2 individuals came to my residence.

copy of email from dish: Your DISH order has been cancelled. If you did not intend to cancel or change your mind, please call 800-333-DISH (800-333-3474).

DISH

I have contacted the BBB in Denver and also the Iowa Attorney General. I have never had such terrible customer service nor paid for anything I am unable to receive.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2012 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/dish-network/littleton-Colorado-80160/dish-network-deceptive-practices-littleton-Colorado-969681. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on dish network

New location

AUTHOR: BeckiB@Dish - (USA)

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. I would be happy to review your account and your options. Please email me at becki.barned@dish.com with your account or phone number. Thank you!

Becki Barned
DISH Internet Response Team

I'd like to help

AUTHOR: MikeL DISH - (USA)

datagirl,

I saw your post and wanted to offer some assistance as I found your situation interesting!  What would be the best thing to do to help you is to email me your account number so I can have a look over it and gather all details of what happened.  That way, I can make the appropriate decision for a resolution.  My email address is michael.lemar@dish.com and I'll look forward to speaking with you!

one time kenny has failed to read to mission of ripoff reports

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

don't let them away with it, unfortunately kenny will not listen

#4 Consumer Suggestion

One more satellite customer who failed to read their contract...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

When you sign up for the service (Dish OR Direct TV) you agree to maintain your service for two years or pay apro-rated early termination fee. There are no provisions for you moving and being unable to receive the service at the new location.  The providers charge a lower start up fee to gain new customers and make their money back over the next two years.

The BBB, the Attorney General, the FTC or even Mom can't help you with this. You DID agree to it when you signed up.

You also agreed that they can charge any amounts owed them to the same card you used to sign up.

If you fail to pay it, you WILL go to collections.

No, I DON'T work for them and am just trying to tell you what your options are according to your agreement with them.