Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Reported By: Melody — CRESTVIEW Florida United States of America
Dish Network
Meridan, Colorado United States of America

Dish Network Beware! Scam Meridan, Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: Final Balance.

*UPDATE Employee: $18 Final balance

I was notified by a credit report that I had potentially negative alert posted on 3/3/12.  I checked the report and found that the negative information was reported by Dish network for the amount of $18.00.  This caused by credit score to drop 12 points.  I did have dish service in 2009/2010 I canceled my service 12/13/2010 and paid the full amount that was owed of $61.50.  The receivers were sent back to Dish.

Now 15 months later I receive a hit on my credit. I called Enhanced Collection Agency the ones who hold the account for the $18.00 dollars.  I was advised that they sent several letters out before they posted the amount on my credit report.  The address they were sending the bill to was an RV Park in Georgia  which is the instillation address not the billing address. Dish Network does have my billing address & email address as I always paid my bill on line.  I travel full time in a RV and this was just a stopping place. Enhanced also stated that they called my phone several times.  I do have missed calls at times but no one every left me a message.

I had no knowledge that this amount was owed and never received anything from dish stating I did.  When I canceled the service I was told it was paid in full.  Now I have to send letters to all of the Credit Agencies and try to remove this from my credit. Not to mention trying to deal with Dish Customer Service . Thanks Dish $18.00 dollars & a 12 point drop on my credit score.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2012 01:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Meridan-Colorado-/Dish-Network-Beware-Scam-Meridan-Colorado-851782. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

Final Balance.

AUTHOR: DanB@Dish Network - (USA)

Hello! This is Dan Busa with DISH Social Media.  It does sound like you were charged for the return shipment of the equipment. I will be more than happy to look into this issue for you, please email me at: Daniel.Busa@DISH.com

Daniel Busa
DISH L.L.C.
Social Media

$18 Final balance

AUTHOR: DanB@Dish Network - (USA)

Hello! This is Dan Busa with DISH Social Media. I would like to start off by saying that I am sorry we lost you as a customer. Furthermore I apologize for the frustration with the final balance going to collections. It sounds like you were assessed a return shipping fee for the return of the receivers. I will be more than happy to look into this further for you. Please send me an e-mail at: Daniel.Busa@DISH.com

Daniel Busa