Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Updated: Sat, February 15, 2014

• Reported By: Jamie — Morrilton Arkansas
Dish Network
PO Box 94063 Palatine, Illinois USA

Dish Network I just started service with Dish Network on January 8th or 9th. I received a bill in the mail stating No payment due $0.00 and under the my bill portion of the website it also clearly states that my amount due is $0.00. The day before yesterday I come home to my service being disconnected. So I call Dish Network. The representative stated to me that I do have a bill due of $33.49 and my bill is due the 7th of every month. Palatine Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Your Post

Yesterday I went first thing and paid the bill. When I came home I called them again to verify they received my payment. The representative I spoke to this time said my bill is $116 and until I pay I wont get service. Then I get transferred to another person who says the same thing. Finally they transfer me to a Supervisor who proceeds to accuse me of not wanting to pay my bill and said that my deposit was reversed and they never received payment for that.

When I told her that I was looking at a paper bill and a website that both stated I owe nothing and looking at my bank statement where my account was actually charged 2 times for the initial deposit and that it was in fact paid, she changes her story again. She tried extremely hard to put fault on me and accuse me of lying. In the end she still refused to restore my service until I paid another $82. I have never seen anything like the way Dish Network does business and treats their customers!! I think my only option is contacting an attorney on Monday.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2014 01:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Palatine-Illinois-60094/Dish-Network-I-just-started-service-with-Dish-Network-on-January-8th-or-9th-I-received-a-1123720. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

Your Post

AUTHOR: MikeL DISH - ()

Jamie,

It was a pleasure checking in with you on your post on the other site and I'd appreciate your efforts if you could please email me your account number at michael.lemar@dish.com so I can have a look!  I understand your situation, found it interesting, and will look forward to hearing from you to get this straightened out!