• Report: #1051916

• Updated: Sat, May 18, 2013

• Reported By: Lena — French Camp California
Dish Network
PO Box7203 Pasadena, California USA

Dish Network Got charged and had to pay for a broken contract when there should have not been one. Pasadena California

*UPDATE Employee: Social Media Representative

← Is this

At the end of 2009 I signed with Dish for service. At first it was a sweet deal or so it seemed. I paid for the receiver, the basic package (120 channels) and the service protection ($7.00/month). The protection was to cover the cost of them coming out to fix the equipment or if you moved, they would help you move you dish.

This is how it was explained to me. At the end of 2011 I moved at which time I commenced in having a servicer help me move my dish. Much to my surprise, I got charged $50.00 dollars, so at that time I shut off the protection plan.

I again moved in the beginning of 2013 and decided to have dish disconnected; much more to my surprised I get charged for a broken contract when I did not sign one.  Dish is saying that when I moved the first time, it resigned me and I did not resign, if fact the opposite is true.

I made sure I ask if this is NOT going to affect my contact change. And the man at the time told me, “NO”.  To add more cut, I got charged for returning their receiver; they would not let me drop it off at a dealer.

Dish made a whold lot of money off me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2013 08:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Pasadena-California-91109-7303/Dish-Network-Got-charged-and-had-to-pay-for-a-broken-contract-when-there-should-have-not-1051916. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

Social Media Representative

AUTHOR: CheriT @ DISH - ()

Hi, my name is Cheri Torres and I work on the Social Media Team at DISH. I can definitely see how frustrating this would be and I would love to help! Can you please send me an email at Cheri.Torres@Dish.com with your account information and more details on the issue? Thank you!

Cheri Torres