Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Updated: Wed, January 18, 2012

• Reported By: Michael — Washougal Washington United States of America
Dish Network
Vancouver, Washington United States of America

Dish Network DishNet Customer Service and Equipment are Unreliable Vancouver, Washington

*UPDATE Employee: DISH Employee

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: DISH Employee

*UPDATE Employee: DISH Network Customer Service

*Consumer Comment: Sorry you seem to be having so much trouble with your Dish equipment.

I have been a customer of DishNetwork for three years now and have had to make 5 service calls for the equipment. Each time I speak with a service rep in a different country. (India 4 times, the Philippines once) While the service techs are helpful they have given me my local weather conditions report twice and the reports were 6-8 hours old. In two instances I was given an appointment for "tomorrow" What I failed to understand is that my tomorrow is their yesterday; so the service truck arrives 24 hours later than I expected it to. Each service call resulted in either my receiver needing to be replaced or the dish antenna needing service/replacement. I have never been offered compensation for the inconvenience, not even an I'm sorry our stuff is unreliable. If I could get it I'd even opt for Comcast!

Perhaps they should take the equipment they are thinking about using and test it in the Antarctic for 5 years before installing it in Washington State! And they should give the foreign tech support a clock/calendar with multiple time zones.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2012 12:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Vancouver-Washington-/Dish-Network-DishNet-Customer-Service-and-Equipment-are-Unreliable-Vancouver-Washington-824591. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

DISH Employee

AUTHOR: Mark H DISH - (USA)

Hi Ken,

We appreciate your loyalty to DISH and it is great to hear the service has worked as expected.  You may contact me if you need help or have concerns and we hope that we can maintain your loyalty to DISH for years to come.

Mark Haakenson
DISH Network LLC
mark.haakenson@dishnetwork.com

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

DISH Employee

AUTHOR: Mark H DISH - (USA)

Hello Michael,

We apologize that you have received misinformation and for the issues that have occurred.  If you need assistance you may contact me directly.  You may also contact DISH on facebook and twitter for assistance at DISH Answers. We hope your service is currently working as expected and we can keep you as a long term customer.

Mark Haakenson
DISH Network LLC
mark.haakenson@dishnetwork.com

DISH Network Customer Service

AUTHOR: CheriT @ DISH Network - (USA)

Hello, my name is Cheri Torres and I am with DISH Network Internet Response Team. I would first like to start off by apologizing about all the issues that you have been experiencing with our equipment and also our customer service, this is never acceptable. I would be happy to look into any issues you're experiencing and see what we will need to do to resolve them. Please email me directly with your account number or phone number on the account, and more information on the issues you are currently experiencing. I look forward to hearing from you so that we can get this issue resolved as soon as possible. Thank you.

Cheri Torres
DISH Network L.L.C.
Cheri.Torres@Dishnetwork.com

Sorry you seem to be having so much trouble with your Dish equipment.

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

I've had their service since it's inception, years ago.

Numerous receiver and dish upgrades over the years and so far, NO equipment troubles whatever.

Only had 2 problems at all and both were related to the installation of the dish itself.  They had to come back and re-align it once because it wasn't spot on the first time and later I discovered there was no ground wire on the dish.  This is required by the National Electrical Code and the installer(s) had signed off that all work was done according to code.  This lack of ground is potentially unsafe and can also cause problems with the receiver(s).  I have since properly grounded the dish and reported the problem to Dish Network.

I really like the service and programming, just wish price was a little lower, but I have about everything they offer.

Good luck with yours in the future.

No, I DON'T work for them.