Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Reported By: Sheil78 — Palm Beach Gardens Florida United States of America
Dish Network
West Palm Beach, Florida United States of America

Dish Network Scam West Palm Beach, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Apparently reading comprehension ISN'T your strong suit...

*Consumer Comment: Contracts & Moving

*Author of original report: Dish Network

*UPDATE Employee: DISH

*Consumer Comment: Well, the way this is legal...is....

I had Dish Network for a year before I moved into a new place. Once I was settled in I had a tech from Dish Network come to install the Dish in my new place, after several attempts to get my service started I was told by the tech that my apartment wasn't facing the South so I couldn't get a signal, therefor they couldn't provide the service. The tech told me to call dish network to cancel my services cause I couldn't get it , I called thinking it was a no brainer, however to my surprise they gave me a hard time and  I was told that I can cancel as lone as i pat the fee for breaking the contract, I was also told by this rude Manager working fro Dish that I should consider moving to an apartment that faces the South.  Dish wants to force me to pay for a service that im not getting or pay $250 to get out of the contract. I dont see how this is legal!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2012 10:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/West-Palm-Beach-Florida-/Dish-Network-Scam-West-Palm-Beach-Florida-981334. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

Apparently reading comprehension ISN'T your strong suit...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

"Hello Ken. It is obvious that you work for Dish Net Work,It is apparent by your rude sarcastic response to my post"

I noted, previously, that I do NOT work for Dish, never have..but hey, believe whatever floats your boat.

You obviously DIDN'T read your contract and if pointing that out seems rude to you, so be it.

Dish, who I remind you I DON'T work for did NOT rip you off...you did that to yourself...grow up.

Contracts & Moving

AUTHOR: Winston Von Stupid - (USA)

Moving can be a tricky thing when dealing with providers like Dish, since any good promotions require a two year commitment. If you've moved and can't get your services installed at the new location, you may unfortunately be out of luck.

Dish will install the services for free and in turn will recoup the costs via the contract, as it guarantees you will pay your services for two years. If you look at the contract, they can guarantee that they will install the services at that location. If they have no line of sight to the South at your install location, the contract can be waived. However, they can't guarantee anything if you move. They look at with the mindset, "We didn't tell you to move, did we?"

You can either pay the prorated early termination fee, or maybe drop to the lowest package to ride out the contract. You could try calling back to see if a field service manager can come out and give a second opinion on the installation, with maybe a pole mount install being an option.

If you're moving around every year or so, I'd recommend looking for a TV provider that offers decent prices without a contract. That will at least avoid this hassle again in the future.

Winston Von Stupid, Consumer Advocate

Dish Network

AUTHOR: Sheil78 - (United States of America)

Hello Ken. It is obvious that you work for Dish Net Work,It is apparent by your rude sarcastic response to my post. I didn't think this post would help me in any ways since Dish Network doesn't care do offer quality customer service, I posted this to warn others before they sign that contract and become another victim of this scam. Sure, Dish Network can make a quick buck scamming people just like a drug dealer can make a quick dollar, however in the long run Dish Network will fail because returning customers is how you will keep your business profitable. I think I got my point across so no need to get into more details regarding this Company "DISH NETWORK".

DISH

AUTHOR: Mark H DISH - (USA)

Hi Sheil78, I will be happy to help you review your DISH account and see if we have any options concerning your situation.  Please email with your account number.

Mark Haakenson

Social Media Representative

DISH LLC

mark.haakenson@dish.com

3pm 11 pm Sunday though Thursday

Well, the way this is legal...is....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

" Dish wants to force me to pay for a service that im not getting or pay $250 to get out of the contract. I dont see how this is legal!"

The contract you signed with them requires a two year contract with a pro-rated early cancellation fee.

Have you even read it, yet? This allows you to get "free installation" and reimburses them for equipment and other upfront costs.

The satellite is in the southern sky to be in a synchronous orbit and remain stationary compared to the ground. Sorry you don't have a line of sight to their satellite.

No, I DON'T work for Dish, but have read my contract with them and have been overall satisfied with their service.

"I was also told by this rude Manager working fro Dish that I should consider moving to an apartment that faces the South.  "

Seems to me this "rude manager" was trying offer you another option by seeing if you could get an apartment facing south.

I'm sure YOU were courteous and non-argumentative..right?