Complaint Review: Dishworld

• Updated: Sat, June 28, 2014

• Reported By: anonyma — Fort Dodge Iowa
Dishworld
9601 S Meridian Blvd Englewood, Colorado USA

Dishworld Refused to refund my prepaid 4 months after 5 min of subscription Englewood Colorado

*Author of original report: Help customers and your company by enforcing the discclosure/reading of terms and conditions over the phone to new customers

*Consumer Comment: Here's from their terms & conditions...

Dishworld is a company that provides internaitonal cable streaming. I contacted them to get one month of subscription since they offer a month by month but I was advised to better prepay 4 months of service in order to get the device (Ruku) that is necessary for this service. However, when I realized that my smart TV doesn't even have their app, as they claimed. I called back 5 min later to ask for only one month as I requested initially. Dishworld representative (He claims his name is Ali and refused to indentify himself properly) put me on hold while saying that he will see what he can do. Then he comes back with the word "The company that ships Ruku devices has already received the order and we can't cancel it". I did ask kindly to explain how this can not be reversed within 5 minute of this transaction taking place. I aksed Mr Ali to transfer me to his supervisor and after a significant onhold time, a lady answered the phone under the name of "Sara UKQ". She basically just kept saying " I understand where you are coming from but no".

Another important piece is thaat Mr. Ali charged me $21.36 which is supposed to be for an extra channel for 4 months WITHOUT disclosing the total cost. I found out about the cost when I looked at my back statement.

I did my best to resolve this issue with the the concerned party but they have shown no sign of cooperation and it seems that this is a common practice for this company to not read disclosure to new customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2014 10:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dishworld/Englewood-Colorado-80112/Dishworld-Refused-to-refund-my-prepaid-4-months-after-5-min-of-subscription-Englewood-Col-1158189. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dishworld

AUTHOR: anonyma - ()

Please start enforcing the rule to disclose and read terms and conditions over the phone to potential customers. Operators should be trained and coached how to properly disclose hidden terms and conditions. This will ensure a sustainable customer experience and protect the reputation of this company.

Here's from their terms & conditions...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

D. No Credits or Refunds. If your Services are cancelled or disconnected for any reason, you still must pay all outstanding balances accrued, including without limitation, any applicable fees. Charges for Services, once charged to your account, are non-refundable, and no refunds or credits will be provided in connection with the cancellation of Services. Without limitation to the foregoing, DISH will not issue refunds or credits for partially used Services and/or periods. If you received a discounted price due to a promotion, and you cancel prior to any applicable expiration of that promotion, you are not entitled to any refund or credit for the unused portions of such discounted price.

4. EQUIPMENT