Complaint Review: divshare.com

• Submitted: Thu, October 25, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, October 25, 2012

• Reported By: Mark — Kew Gardens Hills New York U.S.A.
divshare.com
www.divshare.com Reston, Virginia United States of America

divshare.com Divshare.com - Nice try of a bogus billing Reston, Virginia

I signed up for a divshare.com annual subscription in 2009 for a very reasonable $9 fee (billed to Diversion Web Publishing, LLC). In 2011 I cancelled that subscription and received email confirming it. I was still intending to keep the no-subscription fee-free account open. Since that I was just receiving new service promo emails from them.

Few days ago, however, I received the email stating that my account is "currently pass due more than 100 days". After login onto my account I confirmed my storage total was below 40MB and way below their free account limit of 10GB. I accessed my invoice area to view the payment history - there were no invoices present on my account. "Smelling a fish" I immediately closed my account with them.

The above facts indicate to me that divshare.com seems to confuse client(s) by requiring a "subscription" payment after a prolonged period of silence about the status of an account. There is no doubt in my mind that such a practice will result in a percentage of clients paying the "subscription" fee after a long time of not using the service and simply not remembering the exact status of it.

Is a large and fast-paced multi-device information flood, we all encounter nowadays, a new frontier of abuse simply because very few of us even consider to retain years of their email history as I do? Most likely yes.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2012 12:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/divsharecom/Reston-Virginia-/divsharecom-Divsharecom-Nice-try-of-a-bogus-billing-Reston-Virginia-960029. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on divshare.com