Complaint Review: Dixie Antiques Pensacola, Fl

• Updated: Mon, December 23, 2013

• Reported By: Linda — Walnut Hill Florida
Dixie Antiques Pensacola, Fl
10100 Pensacola Blvd Pensacola, Florida USA

Dixie Antiques Pensacola, Fl Sold my layaway before the end of the month was up as the owner had agreed Pensacola Florida

Put a antique barrister cabinet on layaway.  Per the layaway agreement they were to give you a courtesy call prior to returning the merchandise,also that as long as I got it out by the end of the month when she paid her vendors it would be ok.  also had a friend with me putting something on layaway and she was told the same thing.  One week before the time up on paying off layaway I went to the store and spoke to person working about the poor quality of the cabinet and ask could I swap for something else or have a store credit. I also said that if I could not get a credit I would finish paying for it and probably sell it later if it didn't look good in my house.

Owner out sick and I was told to come back the next week.  I was not able to get back the next week due to them closing before I got off work.  Still not the end of the month as yet. I returned to store on the 23rd prepared to pay for it and was told I had lost it and it had been resold.  My friend also paid for her on the 23rd was late paying and had received a courtesy call on the 21st to come in and pay  I did not recieve any call at all asking to come pay.  No store credit but did offer to sell me something else in the store and I could pay for it out of my pocket.  Lost $89.00 dollars and the item was sold before the end of the month.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2013 05:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dixie-Antiques-Pensacola-Fl/Pensacola-Florida-32534/Dixie-Antiques-Pensacola-Fl-Sold-my-layaway-before-the-end-of-the-month-was-up-as-the-ow-1109507. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dixie Antiques Pensacola, Fl