Complaint Review: DLCAS.COM/ Distant Learning Courses for Addiction Studies

• Updated: Mon, April 29, 2013

• Reported By: Janice B. — Hazel Crest Illinois
DLCAS.COM/ Distant Learning Courses for Addiction Studies
P.O. Box 240663 Apple Valley, Minnesota United States of America

DLCAS.COM/ Distant Learning Courses for Addiction Studies Kevin Scheel, Director Took Money, Gave No Certificate, Didnt Answer Phone/Email/Fax Apple Valley, Minnesota

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We work hard to help all of our students

Needed Continuing Education credits. Contacted DLCAS.COM and took class for multiple CEUs.  Paid witth credit card, took course, took post test.  As they requested, faxed in the Answer Sheet to receive results so that I could receive my Certificate.  Have been waiting over 6 weeks.  I have left over 10 messages on their voice mail, I have emailed them, I re-sent the answer sheet with appropriate documents 3Xs, I contacted my State Regulatory Board to see if there are any other phone numbers listed. To no avail.  I am out of the money I spent, I am out of time because the State gives a deadline to get these CEUs in and I feel ripped-off.  I would NEVER recommend using this site because the "student" has absolutely no control over obtaining their very needed results/certificate.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2013 08:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DLCASCOM-Distant-Learning-Courses-for-Addiction-Studies/Apple-Valley-Minnesota-55124-0663/DLCASCOM-Distant-Learning-Courses-for-Addiction-Studies-Kevin-Scheel-Director-Took-Mone-1046978. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DLCAS.COM/ Distant Learning Courses for Addiction Studies

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We work hard to help all of our students

AUTHOR: KScheel - ()

Sorry to find that a student would feel this way, even though we did resolve her problems/needs and all certificates we delivered.  Our system is an  automated one that send certificates of completions to students by email.  Some browser settings, that most folks don't even know exist, can prevent or block attachments, especially if the sender is not in the contact list for the individual.  In this case, the system, as well as the staff, sent emails repeatedly, even trying to get the student to add our address to the contact list to resolve the problem.  We also called and left a number of messages in response to the student, but were never able to connect.  Ultimately, we took additional time and efforts to work with the State Board that the student was working with, sending them the materials on behalf of the student, and they were able to help us resolve the problem.  That was an extra step that I don't think most other programs would have taken to ensure the needs of the student were met.

Student did get the credits they paid for, were never "ripped off" by our program.  And our website tries to help students know and understand the methods needed to ensure that emails and attachments get to them without problems.  Also sad to know that if someone files a negative report that they don't follow-up to notify folks that things get resolved.