Complaint Review: DMI

• Submitted: Wed, March 02, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, May 27, 2009

• Reported By:Lake Forest California
DMI
1525 Capital Drive #109 Carrollton, Texas U.S.A.

DMI wants money to collect prize Carrollton Texas

*Consumer Comment: This sucks.

DMI sent me this official looking 'Urgent Notification' letter stating that they were holding a prize for me, a Nippon 3.0 Digital Camera, Internet Web cam and Video Cam System. Icluding Focus-Free lens, LCD Display, 76 re-loadable images, comes complete with Photo Enhancer Software, USB Cable, Hand Strap and Manual. It then stated that the entire system was worth $189.95. (For an additional 7 dollars I could also order this nifty custom tripod).

It went on to say that all I had to do to get this 'prize' was to send them 40 bucks (plus 7 for the nifty tripod).

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that if you win a prize you shouldn't have to pay for it.
I didn't send them any money (or even a no thank you note). However several days later I received a box in the mail from DMI. It contained the cheapest looking, plastic, hand-wind and re-wind, no flash 35mm camera I have ever seen. It did however have a nice little strap and fake looking leather carying case. The camera is even cheaper looking than the throw away kind you buy to 'throw away' when you're done with them. I'd go on, but I have other companies doing the same thing to me so I have to go report them ....

Michael
Lake Forest, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2005 12:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DMI/Carrollton-Texas-75006-3667/DMI-wants-money-to-collect-prize-Carrollton-Texas-133429. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DMI

This sucks.

AUTHOR: Miss Jane - (U.S.A.)

Did you ever gain resolution to this issue? Just curious.