Complaint Review: dmv.org

*UPDATE Employee: Vendor complaint

*UPDATE Employee: Mistaken Identity

*General Comment: I sure hate DMV.org

*Consumer Comment: This is why

This company is supposed to make getting a drivers license easy by providing different packages with practice tests and guides on driving.  I clicked on a $15 package and after entering my credit card information I was informed that I was being billed for the $30 package.  There was no warning beforehand that I or the system had selected the $30 package.

When I try to find contact information for customer care, the only way to reach them is by email.  When I try to send an email it loads forever.  After several tries, I let my computer sit all night and the next morning the message was still uploading.  They are impossible to reach!  I took out my email address and it went through right away.  Then I tried to resend the message with a return email address and once again it just loads for eternity.  There is no way this company ever intends to contact anyone about their website issues.  This company is just trying to rip people off.  Maybe most people don't care about loosing an extra fifteen dollars, but in this economy I sure do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2012 06:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/dmvorg/internet/dmvorg-Stole-my-money-impossible-to-contact-a-rep-Internet-817666. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on dmv.org

Vendor complaint

AUTHOR: DMV.ORG - ()

We apologize for the delay in responding your comment and for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We know how frustrating your experience can be.

DMV.org is a privately owned website that is not owned or operated by any state government agency. We are:

• an information publishing website
  • we do not sell any products or charge for any services
  • we have an A+ BBB rating

The purchase you made was through our vendor partner iDriveSafely.com who advertise on our website. We do not have access to their database. You can contact them directly 24 hours a day at http://www.idrivesafely.com/247support/

They have excellent customer service.

We do encourage you, before you file a complaint or report to please contact us at website-support@dmv.org.  As stated, we get a lot of complaints about these other companies and can often get you started in the right direction to address your issues.

Again, sorry for your the trouble you experienced, and if there’s anything we can do to help, please contact us.

Mistaken Identity

AUTHOR: DMV.ORG - ()

We apologize for the delay in responding your comment and for
any inconvenience you may have experienced. We know how
frustrating your experience can be.

DMV.org is a privately owned website that is not owned

or operated by any state government agency. We are:

• an information publishing website
  • we do not sell any products or charge for any services
  • we have an A+ BBB rating

We are not the same company you made your purchase through. This is a common error. Unfortunately, due to our name “DMV.org”, we often are confused with other website companies that DO sell products and services. And since we have no affiliation with these companies, we cannot help with any issues you may have.

#3 General Comment

I sure hate DMV.org

AUTHOR: Bub - (United States of America)

I have never gave them a red cent and never will. DMV.org is just one of those "one size fits all" websites that makes sure they have a million links that pop up because of a single word in your inquiry. If you type in anything about licenses or insurance , just anything vehicular in nature you'll get a ton of seemingly helpful links from DMV.org. If you click on one you soon find out they really usually have nothing to do with what you are asking and they give you a long list of general information that could pertain to anything from how to obtain a CDL license to a page full of useless crap they copied from a DOT website. Have you ever heard the expression "as worthless as **** on a boar" ****=nipples? Well DMV.org 'The DMV made Simple' is even more worthless than that.

This is why

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

It is important to carefully read EVERYTHING before you give anyone your Credit Card number.

I went to the site and selected the 14.95 TEST.  It then gave me the option to order another $14.95 DRIVER PREP COURSE by checking a box.  If you check that box you get charged the $29.90, if you don't you just get charged the $14.95.  I would guess that you didn't pay attention and just thought you were confirming what you were ordering.

However, regardless of if you check the box or not it does show you the price you will be charged BEFORE you enter in your credit card information.  So you could have caught this before you were charged.

So while it may be misleading and is probably meant to catch someone who isn't paying attention, if you received both the test questions and the course it isn't really a RipOff because you received what you selected.

By the way every state will have handbooks that go over the laws and these are free by either getting them on-line or going into a DMV location.  Also, most states also have practice tests available on-line, again for FREE.  I see that you are in UT and UT does have both the guidebooks and a practice test on-line for free.