Complaint Review: DNA Diagnostics, Inc

• Updated: Mon, August 06, 2012

• Reported By: TimpBullz — Pleasant Grove Utah United States of America
DNA Diagnostics, Inc
569 Bear Dr Timpson, Texas United States of America

DNA Diagnostics, Inc Shelterwood Laboratories Lied, ignored calls, took money, and never did the testing I paid for. Timpson, Texas

I paid DNA diagnoscics for 2 veriSNP tests. They still have not done the tests after almost 6 months.
I used DNA diagnostics 3 years ago for 2 of my dogs to get the VeriSNP test. It was completed with in 8 weeks, and I got my test results. So I wanted to use them again with another pair of dogs. In January 2012 I sent in 2 sets of Dog DNA samples for the VeriSNP test (Both Swabs and whiskers of 2 dogs)to be completed as soon as they received a total of 25 dogs to test. I also supplied 2 $40 bank certified checks equaling in $80. I helped recruit more than enough dogs to run the tests and even had enough people send in samples that they ran out of the 40-50 tests they had left on hand. I was informed that this would be the last set of VeriSNP tests they would run since the cost for them to get their tests had gone up and was no longer economical to keep the test going.

I waited and watched the facebook groups which we recruited from in order to keep up on how many dogs we had send in samples and to see who got their tests back. I saw on one of these groups that two people from the dog registry were able to convince them to keep the test available but to keep costs down DNA diagnostics would require a higher number of dogs before they would order more tests. This test is a great tool for breeders so I was glad to see that they were going to continue the VeriSNP testing after our batch was completed.

It was about in April that I saw posted on Facebook that DNA diagnostics had changed management, and that was the delay in getting our tests ran. From there it was 1 excuse after another. I started to call to check on my samples and every time I would get someone, the answer I would get is "I will check and call you back". They would never call me back. From there it escalated to all of us that sent in Samples. And a few weeks ago one of us finally got an answer by e-mail that they would not run our samples till they got something like 160+ samples in, changing their tune from the original of 25 dogs and going to the deal that was made to continue the testing after all the current samples were run and they ran out of tests.

It is now August 2012 and still no one answers the phone, which is disconnected, emails, and the website is "under construction", and I still have not received my test results or a refund.  THis Company took our money and ran!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2012 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DNA-Diagnostics-Inc/Timpson-Texas-75975/DNA-Diagnostics-Inc-Shelterwood-Laboratories-Lied-ignored-calls-took-money-and-never-d-923325. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DNA Diagnostics, Inc