Complaint Review: Doba

• Updated: Tue, January 17, 2012

• Reported By: doingtherightthing — Miami Florida United States of America
Orem, Utah United States of America

Doba dropshipping, wholesale, Orem, Utah

I thought Doba was a great opportunity to partner with in opening an online store since I have no products of my own I wish to sell. There are several things I found out during the course of my doing business with Doba that I hope will save many people headache and heartache.

1. The monthly fee is ridiculous although they will offer you a "deal" on an annual subscription to get you in. BEWARE: Once you have paid, you are subscribed for the year. End of story. You cannot cancel.

2. Their "wholesale" prices are marked up so high it's impossible to beat any prices being offered by those folks out there getting real wholesale prices.

3. After several attempts at calling and getting hung up on, I emailed them to cancel my subscription and told that I must call in.

4. I called in and the rep was so rude and nasty, I asked to speak with a manager and was told I could not. She informed me no one above her was available ever to take phone calls. I have never been told I cannot speak to a supervisor or manager on duty.

5. The rep was downright insulting and spoke to me as if I were a child, finally telling me I was no longer "allowed to be a customer"

6. Now that my account is cancelled (supposedly) I can still log in and now my account says I am past due.

Do yourselves a couple of favors if you're interested in wholesale buying/selling:

• Find products you like and contact the companies directly. Most are more than happy to offer drop-shipping at a slightly higher price than wholesale but it is worth it if that is what you are looking at doing.

• Check out free resources like http://www.wholesalecentral.com/Dropshippers.html for information a lot of companies out there would love to charge you for.

• Do some legwork of your own and avoid Doba. It's nearly impossible to beat their prices on Amazon or eBay.

Their business is legitimate but based on the outrageously poor customer service, high prices, outrageous fees, and the inability to escape them once you have signed up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2012 12:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Doba/Orem-Utah-84097/Doba-dropshipping-wholesale-Orem-Utah-823973. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Doba