Complaint Review: Doc Hollis Woodfired Hot Tubs

• Updated: Mon, May 12, 2014

• Reported By: windsolar — New York
Doc Hollis Woodfired Hot Tubs
1710 Meadow St Littleton , New Hampshire USA

Doc Hollis Woodfired Hot Tubs Ordered a custom wood Hot tub and he built one for $500 down and it was very poorly built, rough edges and cheap wood. Would not refund deposit. Littleton New Hampshire

*Author of original report: Doc Hollis offered explanation

*Author of original report: I need to correct my report

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Chris Ryan's Custom Tub

Doc Hollis wood fired Hot Tubs charged me $500 as down payment on a 6x3 1/2 foot hot tub.  whan done a picture was sent and it was real rough on top edge, splinters in the butt rough.  I cancelled it and did not receive my $500 back.  I spoke to other builders of fine hot tubs and they claim he is over priced and builds very poor quality hot tubs.  Avoind Doc Hollis!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2014 08:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Doc-Hollis-Woodfired-Hot-Tubs/Littleton-New-Hampshire-03561/Doc-Hollis-Woodfired-Hot-Tubs-Ordered-a-custom-wood-Hot-tub-and-he-built-one-for-500-dow-1140608. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Doc Hollis Woodfired Hot Tubs

Doc Hollis offered explanation

AUTHOR: windsolar - ()

Doc Hollis contacted me and offered an explanation on the photo of hot tub he sent me.  I cannpt remove the original review, but his explanation was helpful.  He stated that the tub was in "unfinished" condition and not "finished" as I thought.  He stated it was filled with water to water test it and then emptied for bench installation and then they sanded the top edge of the tub.  I was not aware of that.  He stated that the downpayment is restocking fee and that he had to cut 6 inches off the top of the tub which he has sold.  I end this complaint.

I need to correct my report

AUTHOR: windsolar - ()

Doc Hollis is correct in that Pay Pal decided to not refund my deposite.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Chris Ryan's Custom Tub

AUTHOR: Doc hollis - ()

Mr. Ryan ordered a custom sized  Hot Tub with no stove for his special project, but after numerous revisions, decided to change his design and cancelled his order after  the completed Tub was awaiting scheduled pick up.Mr. Ryan refused to look at the Tub, at all, he wrote that he was upset that there were knots in the cedar, as all white cedar contains.All photos on our site show this and it is explained. We applied to PayPal Professional Dispute Resolution, and after examination of the claim, they found Mr.Ryans claim unfounded and found in our favor for damages. We have thousands of very pleased customers worldwide and are proud of our reputation in the industry for building the highest quality products available, and we work everyday for our customers appreciation and satisfaction.