Complaint Review: Doffo Winery And Marcelo Doffo

• Submitted: Thu, May 07, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, August 13, 2009

• Reported By:aliso viejo California
Doffo Winery And Marcelo Doffo
36083 Summitville Temecula, California U.S.A.

Doffo Winery And Marcelo Doffo Doffo Winery and owner Marcelo Doffo screams at customers and threatens them upon arrival Temecula California

* : Compliant is False

*Consumer Comment: Rebuttal to Claim Against Doffo Winery

We pulled up to Doffo Winery on Saturday May 2, 2009 and the owner Marcelo Doffo was standing in the driveway blocking our car. He said he had to view everyone in the car before they entered. He was clearley drunk and was slurring his words and stumbling around. I was with 3 other woman and we were all dressed up and we are all in our 50's. We asked what the problem was and he started yelling at us to get out of the car so he can check us out.

My friends and I were not only appauled but we felt in fear of him as well. He said that he was the owner and that he could run his business any way he felt fit. We tried to back up to leave because we were scared at which time he hit the hood of our car. At that time another car pulled up and got out of his car to help us. While he argued with Marcelo we called the police.
Marcelo then started yelling at all the customers that gathered around because of the chaos. He screamed at them all to leave and that this was his business and he was tired of catering to rich snobs. It took 7 customers to hold him back so we could leave. My friends were crying and shaking and we left Temecula ruining our entire day we had planned.

Since then we have made a police report and are filing a lawsuit against Marcelo Doffo and his winery.
Patrons beware that if you go to Temecula for a wine tour, do not put Doffo winery on your list.

Summers
aliso viejo, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2009 10:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Doffo-Winery-And-Marcelo-Doffo/Temecula-California-92592/Doffo-Winery-And-Marcelo-Doffo-Doffo-Winery-and-owner-Marcelo-Doffo-screams-at-customers-a-449579. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Doffo Winery And Marcelo Doffo

#1

Compliant is False

AUTHOR: Newcomb Law Group - (USA)

I am corporate counsel for Doffo Winery and have, at the request of Mr. Doffo, investigated the veracity of this Internet report.  Mr. Doffo specifically denies all of the allegations and was shocked to see such a report.  Below are the material findings of my investigation:

1.   No Police/Sheriff's Report was Filed. The above report claims that "Since then we have made a police report ..."  This statement is false.  The winery is located in the County of Riverside and as such, subject to the jurisdiction of the Riverside County Sherriff's department (which also provides services to the City of Temecula).  On July 27, 2009, I called the Riverside County Sheriff's Department, Records Department.  The Deputy/Records Clerk performed an extensive check of the Sheriff's records for the day and month in question.   The Riverside County Sherriff's department has no record of any person making a telephonic "incident report" or filing a "report" of any kind against Mr. Doffo or Doffo Winery.  This statement is false.

2.   No lawsuit filed.  The above report claims "... and are filing a lawsuit against Marcelo Doffo and his winery."  As corporate counsel I would be the first person to receive notice of a lawsuit.  I have not been contacted by "summers" or any attorney representing a guest of Doffo Winery.  As of the date of this "rebuttal" a search of the Riverside County court's online database reveals that no lawsuit has ever been filed against the winery or Mr. Doffo.  Searches can be performed at the following "Public" website:

The search criteria was "Doffo" in the last name and/or business name fields.

3.   No reservation for Summers.  There was no reservation for a "summers" on the day in question.  Because Doffo Winery is a "reservation only" winery, it is required to keep a log book of all reservation.  A review of the reservations for this weekend reveals no reservations for "summers."

In short, the above report is false and contains false statements of fact that are easily confirmed.

I invite the person making the report (or her attorney) to contact me directly:

Michael W. Newcomb, Esq.
Newcomb Law Group
(951) 541-0220, Ext. 101

Rebuttal to Claim Against Doffo Winery

AUTHOR: Satisfied Customer - (U.S.A.)

I have known Mr. Doffo for more than 10 years and I have been to his winery on many occasions. As a customer I have always been treated with the utmost respect and courtesy. I have truly enjoyed my experiences at the winery and I look forward to my next visit. Doffo Winery has delicious wines and Mr. Doffo is consistently warm, welcoming, and professional. It is rare to actually meet the owner of a winery on a wine tasting outing and it has been a privilege to have the opportunity to talk with Mr. Doffo about the history of the winery and his philosophy on wine-making. I have recommended Doffo Winery to countless friends and all have had a fantastic experience. I was terribly saddened and quite shocked when I read the rip-off claim published on this website. I find it unbelievable and completely baseless.

tended